Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long John Silver at High & Thurman Closed - What Should Replace It

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Long John Silver at High & Thurman Closed – What Should Replace It

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

MHJ
    Participant

The Long John Silver’s at High & Thurman has been closed since June 11. You could be forgiven if, like me, you didn’t notice until now.

That intersection gets a lot of traffic and is on the edge of a couple walkable areas. What should take its place?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

White Castle! Sure there is a White Castle directly across the street, but can you ever have too many?

Seriously though the site is an ideal location for a mixed use building being at the intersection of 2 major streets. Sadly though it will probably just become another fast food place or something like a vape store.

WJT
    Participant

Well it should be built up Short North style, same with the White Castle across the street, maybe 5 or 6 floors with ground floor retail, you know, being that this will be the terminus of the High Five Line High Street streetcar/light rail…oh wait..yeah…nevermind. I forgot this is Columbus.

How about a Popeye’s?

HarveyWallbanger
    Participant

Raising Cane’s

tolemac5050
    Participant

Hot Chicken Takeover

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Considering the former KFC a little up the street has been empty for like 5 years now, I just hope SOMETHING goes in fast.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Maybe a pirate themed hockey bar. They can call it the Arrrrr Bar

bayrea
    Participant

I was down at Scioto dog park early this spring and craving some salty seafood on my home and went through the drive through of LGS. OMG it was the grossest drive through I ever saw. There was scum all around the pickup window and everything I could see from my car was gross. Not surprised.

RandomVisitor
    Participant

Circle8ght
    Participant

something interesting. agreed that mixed use would be great for the location, but the rest of the intersection would need to be redeveloped for that to be successful. …if it’s another fast food place, i hope it can be a piada…or even bibibop.

geedeck
    Participant

I don’t want to make you all feel like you’ve made bad suggestions, but I will and then a mic will hit the floor.

Queen’s Table.

Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat Fishboat

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

…if it’s another fast food place, i hope it can be a piada…or even bibibop.

Neither of those are fast food. Jussayin. ;)

ricospaz
    Participant

Captain D’s!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’d be really cool with a good burger joint (even like Five Guys), actual Mexican, but I’d REALLY like something Asian. Happy Dragon and Rice Bowl can only be eaten so many times before it kills you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION