Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long Form Birth Certificate

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Long Form Birth Certificate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • Author

myliftkk
    Participant

@snarf – they don’t have google at that rock you’ve been under?

@MichaelC – I’ll quilbble w/ #2 to say that the ignoramous’ that often pass for media types are already running to get <generic R pol> reaction, as opposed to saying, “<generic R pol> is an idiot, you heard it here first.”

The God of False Equivalency still reigns supreme…

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

schoolboy wrote >>
    why did he have too?

groundrules wrote >>
    I believe you think to highly of the political process.

encase this thread in cement and throw it in the ocean

Mercurius
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    I’ve not succumbed to anything. My question, while potentially naive, was a serious one.
    I don’t understand the drama surrounding the whole thing. Why didn’t he just avoid it all by releasing it earlier?

I’m guessing because no other president has ever had to? Because it’s a ridiculous ploy? Because it’s childish and exposes the idiocy of American citizens?

Seems like Obama “playing their game” or the whole idea of “haha, i showed you” is also kind of petty and a waste of time and energy though too, yes?
    This is the president, not a Real Housewife of DC.

Why don’t you actually read the press release from the president’s website and form you own opinion – oh wait, I forgot, everything is too long, didn’t read. It’s amazing for how much you stick your head in the sand politically, that you have such good taste and stay current on everything else.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    I’ve not succumbed to anything. My question, while potentially naive, was a serious one.
    I don’t understand the drama surrounding the whole thing. Why didn’t he just avoid it all by releasing it earlier?

I’m guessing because no other president has ever had to? Because it’s a ridiculous ploy? Because it’s childish and exposes the idiocy of American citizens?

Seems like Obama “playing their game” or the whole idea of “haha, i showed you” is also kind of petty and a waste of time and energy though too, yes?

Justified or not, this was more than likely a bigger time waster for the POTUS’ staff than the man himself. He probably had a few “ugh” moments while being briefed and then went on about his day dealing with much more pressing issues.

myliftkk
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Because it’s childish and exposes the idiocy of particular segment of American citizens?

FTFY

myliftkk
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Justified or not, this was more than likely a bigger time waster for the POTUS’ staff than the man himself. He probably had a few “ugh” moments while being briefed and then went on about his day dealing with much more pressing issues.

Maybe this is Bill Daley bringing a taste of Illinois politics to the White House?

If so, it may be a interesting campaign season.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Why don’t you actually read the press release from the president’s website and form you own opinion – oh wait, I forgot, everything is too long, didn’t read. It’s amazing for how much you stick your head in the sand politically, that you have such good taste and stay current on everything else.

I dunno, I’m satisfied with the synopsis I’ve read here and have a clearer understanding. I read the press release also, but I like the insight of forum members – my bad.

myliftkk
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

I dunno, I’m satisfied with the synopsis I’ve read here and have a clearer understanding. I read the press release also, but I like the insight of forum members – my bad.

Pity party of one now seating…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

myliftkk wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

Pity party of one now seating…

lol, cute. let’s get this thread back on topic!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Breaking news, Trump takes credit for birth cert. release.

breaking news, I just rolled my eyes so hard my optic nerves broke

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Obama only had to spend time on informing his personal attorney, Judith Corley, that she was to seek an exception from the state of Hawaii, and then to participate in today’s press briefing.

Still too much time spent on this topic? Yes.

But when half of the opposition party thinks you weren’t born in the U.S.A,. and that such a belief is an impediment to policy, a little action is warranted.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Breaking news, Trump demands to see Obama’s college transcript

breaking news, I’m going to get so drunk tonight I won’t be able to stand up

chaptal
    Participant

Trump wants his college records, his high school diploma, his elementary school transcript, lemonade stand receipts.

Heck are his marriage and children legitimate?

rustbelt
    Participant

Is Obama a Martian?

Has he proven he’s not?

Where’s the paperwork?

What does he have to hide?

Twixlen
    Participant

Really, from henceforth, I’m going to need to see the birth certificate & all school records from *everyone* – but in particular, medical professionals, mechanics (also include penitentiary reports), teachers, everyone who works within 300 yards of me, and anyone who’s dog wants to meet my dog.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE