Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Long Form Birth Certificate

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Long Form Birth Certificate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>
    The issue with releasing anything that isn’t part of the regular precedent is where does it stop? It’s exactly what we’re seeing now… a false furvor is created over the long form birth certificate, now translating into demands for further disclosure. There has to be a point where it’s enough & everyone moves the hell on.

Figure some people will move on only when Obama does.

Move On! punny.

rus
    rus
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>
    The issue with releasing anything that isn’t part of the regular precedent is where does it stop? It’s exactly what we’re seeing now… a false furvor is created over the long form birth certificate, now translating into demands for further disclosure. There has to be a point where it’s enough & everyone moves the hell on.

Figure some people will move on only when Obama does.

Move On! punny.

HA! Unintentional… but now that you mention it, yeah…

th0m
    Participant

“The media is hyperfocusing on bubblegum stories so that we won’t notice what congress is doing.”
    http://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/428-After-Birth.html

JonMyers
    Participant

A few days old, but I loved this story.

[b]Obama Zings Trump at White House Correspondents’ Dinner[/b]

“Donald Trump is here tonight,” the comedian in chief said, grinning. “Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately, but no one is prouder to put this birth certificate to rest than The Donald. Now he can get to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened at Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?”

It was almost painful to watch, the juxtaposition of the president, flexing his new post-birther comedy chops, and the real estate mogul-cum-politician, grimacing at his table as Mr. Obama basked in his post-long-form-birth-certificate glow.

“All kidding aside, we all know about your credentials and experience,” Mr. Obama said, as people in the room either chortled or grimaced nervously, all depending on their proximity to Mr. Trump.

In “Celebrity Apprentice,” Mr. Obama told Mr. Trump, teeth flashing, “the men’s cooking team did not impress the judges from Omaha steaks, but you recognized that this was a lack of leadership, so you fired Gary Busey.”

“These,” Mr. Obama said, “are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night. Well-handled, sir. Well-handled.”

Obama Zings Trump at White House Correspondents’ Dinner[/url]

gramarye
    Participant

This thread has now reached 150 posts.

I believe the Republic is doomed.

JonMyers
    Participant

gramarye wrote >>
    This thread has now reached 150 posts.
    I believe the Republic is doomed.

haha, and… the plot has been set in motion.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

This is how democracy dies, with thunderous internet postings.

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE