Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Local shout out - Nationwide Children's Hospital

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Local shout out – Nationwide Children's Hospital

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

Not that anybody is clamoring for reservations for this place, but if your young one has a problem, this is the place to be. Got out today from two nights there with my youngest and I am impressed. As a medical professional myself I know how stuff works and what is good and what is bad. We are blessed to have this resource in our community and I will give a private thanks to the Lord above as well as the health care professionals that took care of my kid. Your heart will shake as you walk around and see the patients, but on the positive side you get to see what real courage is like. Thanks!!

FireEngine
    Participant

Sunday will be the 2nd anniversary of my son’s cancer diagnosis and our introduction to NCH. We’ve met families from all over the state, West Virginia, even as far as Seattle that come here to use this resource that is in our own backyards.

derm
    derm
    Participant

On a note related to your avatar, when we were getting admitted in the ER and they were placing the catheter a man named John was the medic who placed it. He was 38 year vet of Columbus Fire as a medic finishing at Station One. He has been working at NCH for the last 20 to keep busy, one day a week. He was rock solid.

pez
    Participant

FireEngine said:
    Sunday will be the 2nd anniversary of my son’s cancer diagnosis and our introduction to NCH. We’ve met families from all over the state, West Virginia, even as far as Seattle that come here to use this resource that is in our own backyards.

I pray she is doing well, having been to NCH on what happened to luckily be a false leukemia diagnosis for my daughter, I hurt for all those children. She spent a couple of days there for a viral infection that without several transfusions, would have killed her. Other than her one year old checkup, we would have never known. I don’t wish the experience or any of the followup visits to the oncologists on anyone.

FireEngine:PM me if you need anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: