Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Local shout out - Hoffmans Nursery

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Local shout out – Hoffmans Nursery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

While CBus has many nice places to get vegetables(and that is what I am primarily talking here) like Straders, Oakland, Dills, Bakers Acres and that overpriced place down south whose name escapes me, I prefer getting my veggies from Hoffmans out New Rome way. (When there was a New Rome)

Old School, musty, disheveled, unorganized sure, but where else can you peruse 6-8 different types of sweet potatoes including purple and white varieties? No three dollar per veggie prices here either. 6 bucks gets you a dozen slips of sweets that when counted is really about 15 or 16. Every other veggie you can think of as well that they grow right there and look better than the ones shippped from baby veggie factories. Crazy big selection if you have not put your garden all in yet.

PS. The german shepherd behind the counter is Heidi. I am pretty sure she bites however. She might like you better than me tho.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I’ve heard good things about this place, it’s just a little bit of a hike for me.
    I love Dills, it’s close to me and they have a nice selection of heirloom stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Roy Hoffman picks up the spent grain from both breweries for his cattle and you won’t find a nicer guy. I’ve bought live plants and trees from him, as well as produce. When we smoke a whole hog, we get it from his farm, too. I really empathize with the plight of the family farmer thanks to 18 years of seeing him a couple/few times a week. The only thing he really complains about is that which he can’t control; the weather.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Roy’s annual trip to Tennesee for seed sweet potatoes is the closest thing he has to a vacation (next to surgery, which surprisingly he doesn’t enjoy). He’s about as old as my dad would be if he were still alive. Consequently, I treasure him.
    Cash mob anyone?

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

0Angle said:
    Cash mob anyone?

I love that idea, I’ve got most of my stuff already but can always find something else.

ricospaz
    Participant

Where exactly is this place? I’d love to go check it out and spend some money.

Anonymous
    Inactive

800 Hilliard Rome Road

ricospaz
    Participant

0Angle said:
    800 Hilliard Rome Road

Thanks! It’s like I forgot how to use the internet… but I was thinking West Broad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: