Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Living in Victorian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Living in Victorian Village

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

nicolebuck

Can anyone recommend nice apartments/housing preferably in the Victorian Village, or any surrounding areas? I just relocated from South Florida for work, and do not know the area. I have heard that this area is a nice place to look. I am a young professional looking for a young, active area! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

JonMyers
    Participant

Hey try here:

http://www.metro-rentals.com/victorian_village.htm

Also, be careful with having your email address exposed like that.

Mercurius
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    Hey try here:
    http://www.metro-rentals.com/victorian_village.htm

Also try Wood Companies[/url]

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>

My thoughts exactly. People will spam you, scam you or worse. Especially since you are new to C-Bus, although that can be true anywhere.

DLDude
    Participant

I just moved to VV last month. We did months of research on Craigslist and on Metro-Rentals. Depends on how many rooms you want as well. Hard to find a 1 bedroom here, however you can find some good 1 and 2 bedrooms in Harrison West for good prices. A friend of mine just moved into Village West apartments, they seem pretty decent.

There is a great building on Tappan St., which is a cute one way brick street just one block south of Third, off Neil Ave. There are four one-bedroom units that are all being gutted down to the studs and rebuilt new! They rent for $850/month. I’ve lived in that area for four years, it’s a great neighborhood with even greater neighbors. You can’t ask for a nicer location in Columbus! :)

anillo
    Participant

Harrison West is really nice too (and conveniently located directly west of VV). Welcome to Columbus!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

You can try 580 N. Park St. (Park Royal Apartments). That’s where I live. They were completely gutted about 4 years ago with pretty descent quality. Rents are currently $705 for one bedroom units. They are a bit small but they are right in the middle of everything. Goodale Park is your front yard. Within a couple of blocks are the North Market, Park Street bars, Nationwide Arena, Convention Center, Short North, just to name a few. Many festivals take place in the area. Highway access is right down the street. It’s very safe as well. Contact Joseph Skilken Organization for any info. 224-5580. They currently have a “For lease” sign out front.

nicolebuck

Thanks Jon! I’m trying to get my username changed… Silly, but I didn’t realize that my username would be public like this when I signed up. Thanks for looking out! Just waiting for them to change it.

I will check out http://www.metrorentals.com

I was in town yesterday looking and it is so overwhelming. So many places to choose from!

And thank you Shimmyknocker, Anillo and jpizzow- I will definitely look at those buildings as well.

I am so excited to be moving to Columbus! It seems like a great town with great, friendly people!
    Thanks for all the help everyone!

catnfiddle
    Participant

Make sure to come to a CU Happy Hour sometime to say hello. This group has been one of the best parts about moving here (I’ve been here five years and love it).

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    There is a great building on Tappan St., which is a cute one way brick street just one block south of Third, off Neil Ave. There are four one-bedroom units that are all being gutted down to the studs and rebuilt new! They rent for $850/month. I’ve lived in that area for four years, it’s a great neighborhood with even greater neighbors. You can’t ask for a nicer location in Columbus! :)

I used to live in that building before I got booted for said renovations. I can attest that the location on Tappan is wonderful. Those renovations must be pretty nice though to charge $850/month on a 600 square foot apt. Maybe I was paying below market rent though, who knows.

melikecheese
    Participant

Welcome to Columbus!

Good luck, we have a ton of great places to live, it may be hard to find a place.

I noticed many new for rent signs in my hood in the Merion Village area. Stick to the north end of the hood (Hanford and North – http://www.merionvillage.org/neighborhood/mvmap.php) for close access to young active people. Full homes can rent for good prices here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: