Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Little Lebanon

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Little Lebanon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m surprised there wasn’t a thread about this little hole in the wall yet. My wife and I were up in the Polaris area on Sunday and checked this place out. (it’s off of Sancus)

I fully recommend even driving up there just to go here. Everything is made in house including the pita bread which was maybe the best I have ever had. I had the Chicken Shawarma flat bread and it was good, but the real winner was the Keftha Wrap my wife had. A mix up of spiced ground meats, really fresh veggies, and pine nuts. de-lish.

If you go make sure you check on the video screen behind the counter because it is giving you the specials of the day. I didn’t know this before I ordered and if I did I would have opted for the lamb chop special.

I’ll be back to try that.

http://www.littlelebanonbakery.com/

geoyui
    Participant

Cool, I’ll check them out.

Speaking of Sancus, have you had Noora Persian Cuisine? I’m not a Persian food expert, but I definitely enjoy their lamb and basmati rice.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

nope I have not. It seems like there are a bunch of Indian places up there also. They might be older, but I don’t make it to sancus very often so they are new to me. Although I do go to Polaris mall maybe every other month (gasp)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Cool, I’ll check them out.

Speaking of Sancus, have you had Noora Persian Cuisine? I’m not a Persian food expert, but I definitely enjoy their lamb and basmati rice.

Noora went out of business awhile ago. It’s an Indian restaurant now.

http://www.dakshincolumbus.com

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Little Lebanon is really good. My sampling size is limited–the meat pies and the kibbeh–but both were delicious. Suffice it to say, I’ll be back, and certainly after this glowing review of their pita bread.

Columbus’ Middle Eastern offerings continue to grow (and improve), but we’re still not on par with Toledo. If any of you have occasion to dine at Byblos or Beirut in Toledo, I’d strongly recommend them as well.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I also finally tried Little Lebanon over the weekend. Vestanpance’s photo on Instagram put me over the edge, as I only live a few blocks away, and have been meaning to try it.

A few notes:

– The presumably husband and wife, or family members, that were running the place were extremely friendly. Huge smiles, eager to please, and chatted with some of the people dining inside for most of the time that I waited on my carry out. Couldn’t have had a better first impression.

– There is a stone oven behind the counter that separates the front of the house, and the kitchen. Most of the sandwiches & pita bread is cooked in there. It seems to make quite a bit of difference, as the pita bread was fantastic, as well as my sandwich (the Keftha wrap).

– Some of the other couples inside, along with the gentleman working there, were discussing how it appears that the name/signage (Bistro & Bakery) might deter drive-by traffic. Many assumed that it was just a small bakery and not a restaurant. I thought the same thing until someone tipped me off recently.

– While you can dine in, it’s very small (maybe 5-6 tables). Nothing fancy in terms of furniture, i.e. metal chairs and very basic tables. Not much for atmosphere, but the food is worth it.

All that said, I really enjoyed my first visit, and am looking forward to returning and trying some of the other menu items.

geoyui
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Noora went out of business awhile ago. It’s an Indian restaurant now.

Damn, that sucks.

groundrules
    Participant

good info, thanks.

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Little Lebanon
    May 14, 2014 10:00 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Little Lebabnon gets fawning online reviews. Lots of capital letters and exclamation points and terms such as “the best” and “fantastic”. The eatery’s customers display an undying devotion to both the house goods and its proprietors.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-little-lebanon-ma1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: