Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 229 total)
  • Author

HeySquare wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>
    So let make sure I’m understanding this, The Italian Village Commission believes:
    Pizzuti Boutique Hotel = Bad
    Another Plasma Center = Good
    Great job you’re doing at representing the communities interests.

Just to reiterate…
    But hey… the plasma center will probably have a kickass sign.

[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5457852587_c2f1d27985.jpg[/img]

Could do some cross promotions with Bros. Drake, Luck Bros., maybe have the new Black Keys album playing street side.

cyclist II
    Participant

Little Blood Brothers.

bman
    Participant

Those that live in the SN area complain about panhandlers and now they are going to have a way to earn some money and panhandle less and you still complain … LOL.

Just kidding all … nimbyism on my part!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Three guys tried to bum change off me this morning at 8am. And to make it even more surreal, their opening was “hey man! You look like the guy from the free credit report commercials!”

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

By the way, can you imagine being someone who just signed the mortgage papers for a condo in the Jackson?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Also by the way, I’m sure the plasma center is going to put those parking spaces to good use. Easy for me to understand, now, why the landlords were giving Byzantium such a hard time about their patrons parking there.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>
    Can anyone find info on Volos Proprieties LTD?

Well, interesting news about that… the state of ohio seems to think that they’re a dead corporation.

Corporation Details
    Entity Number 1077070
    Business Name VOLOS PROPERTIES, LTD.
    Filing Type DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
    Status Dead
    Original Filing Date 04/28/1999
    Expiry Date [blank]
    Agent / Registrant Information
    MICHAEL J. JOHRENDT
    24 E GAY ST
    COLUMBUS,OH 432150000
    Effective Date: 04/28/1999
    Contact Status: Active
    Incorporator Information
    MICHAEL J. JOHRENDT
    BARBARA T. GIANNOPOULOS

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Ah here we go. Volos was merged out of existence. The current owner (and the Auditor really should update their records, I suppose) is:

Corporation Details
    Entity Number 1306106
    Business Name GIANNOPOULOS PROPERTIES, LTD.
    Filing Type LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
    Status Active
    Original Filing Date 03/13/2002
    Expiry Date
    Agent / Registrant Information
    STELIOS G. GIANNOPOULOS
    247 N. PARKVIEW AVENUE
    BEXLEY,OH 43209
    Effective Date: 03/13/2002
    Contact Status: Active
    Incorporator Information
    STELIOS G. GIANNOPOULOS

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Oh and just for fun, here’s a list of all Giannopoulos’ holdings in the county right now.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Here’s one of Giannopoulos’ better properties:

here’s another one…

Oh and here’s one last one

Gee, that looks familiar….

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Here’s where Giannopoulos himself lives:

a secluded million-dollar 7,000 sq. ft. manse from 1913–with pool–in beautiful Bexley, owned by his wife Barbara (who also seems to be dabbling in the property market).

Looks nice!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Looks like Stelios (misspelled as “STELLOS” in the files) also runs SHERIDAN INVESTMENT PROPERTIES, L.L.C., which owns an uninteresting strip-mall eye doctor property in Bexley with Khaled Ballouz.

Dig any deeper than that and you just end up with a never-ending circle of Greek property investors. Hope this helped. I’m going to go get drunk.

cc

I believe they will be putting in parking meters in the once free Scully’s lot.

I think the bus line and the walkability to a lot of areas makes this work for a such a place (WP is just up the street). I also think that they are opening up the elderly hi-rise building near Tiger Tree to section 8 housing. I am not saying that only the poor sell their blood, but in this economy every bit helps.

eta:
    Bollinger Tower goes section 8

Rumor: Bollinger Tower in the Short North going Section 8?

Schoolboy
    Participant

parking meters have already gone in. no more free lot.

i bet this latest development will really help sell more of those overpriced condos next to skully’s too. lol

cc

Yeah, it does put a dent in ‘The Jackson lifestyle’.

My girlfriend lived near the plasma center in North Campus. It was a wino magnet. Nothing like waking up to find someone passed out on your porch or backyard.

I am wondering if WP and the adjacent part of the SN may be headed into developing more like North Campus than the Short North.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 229 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.