Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Columbusite

Another restaurant? Unless it’s Moroccan, Argentinian, Spanish, (inexpensive) French, Korean, i.e., doesn’t already exist nearby, my reaction is :/

HyperHuney

It’s sad about liquid… I used to work there and I loved that place.. Don’t know what happend :-(

misskitty
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    It will be an unusual corporate test restaurant concept called El Baño.
    The seating will be made up of vintage toilets. Eating surfaces will utilize vintage bathroom sinks and lastly, aesthetically pleasing rolls of toilet paper will double as napkins at the tables.
    Columbus and Wichita, KS will be the first markets to test the concept.
    The whole project is a little odd ball.
    More details can be found here.

like this
    http://blog.ratestogo.com/toilet-themed-restaurant/

bjboose

I saw someone tapping away at the southern facade of stucco-like covering removing those areas that were loose… signs of progress already

JonMyers
    Participant

@misskitty – too much.. lol

zp945
    Participant

Why has nothing happened with this space? Anyone have details about what’s going on here?

Schoolboy
    Participant

not enough parking to accomodate a space of that size
    and they want too much to lease it

but really parking has to be by far the largest issue

you can’t even park across the street at the dollar general after closing time anymore

AmyArt21
    Participant

zp945 wrote >>
    Why has nothing happened with this space? Anyone have details about what’s going on here?

Rent’s going to be about $5,500 a month.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Kbear919 wrote >>

If you were Dan Dougan, would you have any desire to go back?

zp945
    Participant

zp945
    Participant

I’ve been trying to lease this space for the last nine months. I had (I believe) a good concept to bring live music/bar/food to the space. I heard a very unfortunate turn of events for the space today. I hope it’s not true. This is a great building, in a great neighborhood, it deserves better.

do tell

Schoolboy
    Participant

i heard a while ago it was going to be a chain resteraunt… not entirely sure what is happening there though, or how a chain resteraunt could survive with very little parking available.

zp945 wrote >>
    I’ve been trying to lease this space for the last nine months. I had (I believe) a good concept to bring live music/bar/food to the space. I heard a very unfortunate turn of events for the space today. I hope it’s not true. This is a great building, in a great neighborhood, it deserves better.

Agreed. This will definitely be a step back for the north end of the short north. Too bad, it was such a great space. Additionally, I’m not too thrilled about the cigar shop next door either. Do they really need that much space to sell cigars?!?!?!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 229 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE