Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 229 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

But golf equipment is so very relevant to me. Genius product placement, just like McFlurries in 30 Rock. Bravo! (brought to you by the Glad Family of Products.)

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

Just spoke to the owner of the building. He just leased the building. He wouldn’t give me any details except for telling me it will be a restaurant. Curious to see it’s going to be an actual restaurant or a bar that serves food. All he would tell me is the new use is a restaurant.

myliftkk
    Participant

assuming the current $/ft^2 is the same as what liquid was/is paying, i’m actually surprised someone took it, unless they had no idea the history of the transition from LB to Liquid.

since it just passed halloween, i hope the curse of booting LB doesn’t affect the next business to open up shop in there. maybe they can get a blessing/reading from that sweet psychic place that just opened up on fifth with all the neon :)

Roland
    Participant

myliftkk wrote >>
    maybe they can get a blessing/reading from that sweet psychic place that just opened up on fifth with all the neon :)

WOW! That place is freaking lit up like the Fourth of July. They could also probably offer tanning service while you have your palm read.

albug_cbus

According to their website (daeoh.com) the owner(s) of Shoku, Tyfoon & Black Olive are opening THREE new restaurants. In Columbus I’m assuming? Maybe this is one of them. Though they should probably be working on the customer service/dining experience at their current restaurants before double their number of ventures though…

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Roland wrote >>

myliftkk wrote >>
    maybe they can get a blessing/reading from that sweet psychic place that just opened up on fifth with all the neon :)

WOW! That place is freaking lit up like the Fourth of July. They could also probably offer tanning service while you have your palm read.

Seriously, that place is ridiculous. I’ve got nothing against those kinds of establishments, but something a bit more tasteful that I can’t see three blocks away would be appreciated.

myliftkk
    Participant

albug_cbus wrote >>
    According to their website (daeoh.com) the owner(s) of Shoku, Tyfoon & Black Olive are opening THREE new restaurants. In Columbus I’m assuming? Maybe this is one of them. Though they should probably be working on the customer service/dining experience at their current restaurants before double their number of ventures though…

I did think it was cute when they hung out the banner at Black Olive that said “New Lower Prices”. :)

JonMyers
    Participant

White Castle is moving in.

catnfiddle
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    White Castle is moving in.

Now you’re just teasing Roland.

dru
    Participant

if White Castle wants to make the former Liquid spot a concept for a full-service, sit down restaurant and allow their vast drive through spot 2.5 blocks down on 1st and High to be redeveloped, I’m all for it.

blammo
    Participant

dru wrote >>
    if White Castle wants to make the former Liquid spot a concept for a full-service, sit down restaurant and allow their vast drive through spot 2.5 blocks down on 1st and High to be redeveloped, I’m all for it.

You know, I hadn’t really thought about it before, but that White Castle (including the parking lot) has got to have one of the largest footprints of any business in the short north.

though on another thread – I saw the Northstar team @ Rosendales AGAIN yesterday… I feel they are going to take the space… The Wood Companies owns both the building that Rosendale’s is in as well as the Northstar spot @ 2nd High so keep your eyes and ears open!

anillo
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

dru wrote >>

You know, I hadn’t really thought about it before, but that White Castle (including the parking lot) has got to have one of the largest footprints of any business in the short north.

They need it for all the extra sewer pipes they had to put in

JonMyers
    Participant

It will be an unusual corporate test restaurant concept called El Baño.

The seating will be made up of vintage toilets. Eating surfaces will utilize vintage bathroom sinks and lastly, aesthetically pleasing rolls of toilet paper will double as napkins at the tables.

Columbus and Wichita, KS will be the first markets to test the concept.

The whole project is a little odd ball.

More details can be found here.

Too bad Kent Rigsby didn’t take it and do some Osteria kinda thing – keeping Rigsby’s the same but giving them a patio, parking lot and more space – maybe casual it up just a bit. I don’t necessarily think Rigsby’s would want to be what some would say would be a pioneer once again but I would love to see him there rather than other options

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 229 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE