Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

Howatzer – That is the one.

howatzer
    Participant

Great. Will nicely complement the mental health facility 2 blocks south.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

I wonder if they are leaving the space at 1112 N. High as well. Could they be combining all facilities under one roof now?

rory
    Participant

howatzer said:
    Great. Will nicely complement the mental health facility 2 blocks south.

And the check cashing place at King and High.

cheap

my next door neighbor owns a cleaning service,and he hates plasma centers

most of his employees eventually quit,after realizing they can donate plasma instead of working for him midnight -4am making $8 an hour.

he won’t pay a couple bucks more to keep people,the old cheapskate

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

As somebody that lives almost directly behind the current Plasma center…OH HELL YES!!!! That has been such a waste of a prime spot let alone of the great characters who hang around it.

That being said I am extremely sorry for the WP/South Campus people this will be effecting.

melikecheese
    Participant

Likes Old Houses said:
    I think we can kill this thread now.
    -Plasma Biological Services LLC bought the former “Eye Cneter” at McMilen and High.
    -I saw a “for lease” sign on the side of the fornmer Liquid space the other day, marketing it as a resturant/bar space.
    Listing:
    http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17717652/1100-N-High-Street-Columbus-OH/
    My math puts the rent at $6,400/month

Though I suppose we could start a whole new conversation on the impact to the SN by moving this facility a few blocks north.

Normally I would hate for a building to stay vacant, however if this is still the same landlord that pushed out little brothers because he felt he could get more money….well then I hope it takes 5 years to rent and the guy losses as much money as possible.

labi
    Participant

rory said:
    And the check cashing place at King and High.

And the heavily used Northside Library branch next door.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

Can somebody fill me in? The restaurant/bar building has been vacant for about a year now while the plasma center is in the building next to it, how are these two related?

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

labi said:

Man, it took me five minutes to think up where the hell that check cashing place is, it must have become invisible to me in my ancient disappointment in Atlantis closing.

@ntn if you look back through the thread the plasma center next door had rented the Little Brother’s space for storage.Seemingly, they’re moving. Perhaps the rent is too damn high.

bucki12

labi said:

I am afraid it will have a big impact on the library. Is there anything anyone can do to stop them from going in?

I agree with another poster that hopefully the new apartment building across the street will get built and help saturate the area with more socially minded types. The last thing we need is a whole lot of drunks hanging out at the library and staggering to the Kroger Liquor store.

jimbach
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    I am afraid it will have a big impact on the library. Is there anything anyone can do to stop them from going in?

I agree with another poster that hopefully the new apartment building across the street

I don’t know that there’s going to be a new apartment building anymore (completely unrelated to this latest development, btw).

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

The Northside branch has a security guard as well as several security cameras they monitor from the front desk. Having worked in a public library before I can certainly attest to the fact that most library staff are well aware of the risks/downside to working with the Public from homeless people washing in the bathroom to drunks trying to sleep it off in the reading room. I’m sure if the plasma center proves a huge disruption they’ll adjust their security schedule accordingly.

leftovers

+1 Though I am more concerned that the loitering around the building will cause people (especially children) to avoid the library. Unfortunately selling plasma and then drinking creates zombie like drunks. They seem more apt to do socially unacceptable things (urinate in public, etc). I had to deal with one who passed out in my front yard once.

cheap

there have been plasma centers in that area since the 70’s.

they aren’t going anywhere,they want that hungover student plasma

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 229 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!