Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Former Liquid Space in Short North to Become Plasma Donation Center

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 229 total)
  • Author

dru
    Participant

Perhaps I missed a thread on this, I know there were a few including:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/liquid-opening-in-short-north-on-may-17th/comment-page-3#comments and

https://www.columbusunderground.com/liquid-coming-to-little-brother-s-spot

but I didn’t see any updates on the point that Liquid seems to be dead. The place is never open, the most recent event posted on the board outside was in August and the phone # 298.3000 is disconnected. Their web page and myspace page are active and make no reference to being closed or having any events further than August.

If it has indeed closed, can we have Little Brothers back?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I was waiting to get the full explanation, but I heard a few weeks ago straight from one of the owners that they were made an offer on the building/business/whatever and that they were selling. They couldn’t reveal any details other than that, so I held off on saying anything at all.

So yeah. That’s about all I know.

JonMyers
    Participant

The owners of Liquid own the building? I thought the whole issue was with a different landlord.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I spoke with the owners of Liquid. They said that they had been “made an offer”, and didn’t really say what that meant. I wasn’t sure if it was for the business or building or what.

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

The owners of what was Liquid do not own the building. The owners of Liquid are selling all the fixtures. Whoever signs a new lease for the property can purchase some or none of the previous fixtures. The owner is leasing the space for $6,400/Month plus other expenses.

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Sad, but I can’t say I’m too surprised. I hope that space can be filled soon, but 6400/m seems like a pretty big rotating expense.. You’d need to do a lot of business to recoup that.

Aunt Madge

This building would make a fabulous disco!

JonMyers
    Participant

The cost is a damn shame. That place would make a great rock club.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    The cost is a damn shame. That place would make a great rock club.

imagine the irony

Anonymous
    Inactive

JonMyers wrote >>
    The owners of Liquid own the building? I thought the whole issue was with a different landlord.

I believe so!

=================================================================
    R9 Driver
    AP2 Irons
    R9 460
    golf set

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think so.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I thought we lost the ability to have signatures? :(

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Spammers are very crafty.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Maybe it’s the spammers that are making the board lag?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 229 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE