Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LGBT: The New Civil Rights

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion LGBT: The New Civil Rights

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Quote:
    Today’s civil rights issues are equality and fair treatment for the LGBT — lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, community. The CMC forum panel on Feb. 5, moderated by Mark Belletini, senior minster of First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus, will feature speakers Elyzabeth Holford, executive director of Equality Ohio, Ross McGregor, State Representive of Ohio’s 79th district and Raphael Davis-Williams from ACLU of Ohio.

News
    Participant

Columbus Plans to Add Equal Rights Admentment to City Charter
    June 20, 2014 3:58 pm – Walker Evans

The annual Columbus Pride Festival officially kicked off today, and local leaders are taking the opportunity to show support for the advancements of LGBT rights in Columbus. Mayor Michael Coleman and City Council President Andrew Ginther announced their support for an Equal Rights Amendment that would boost non-discriminatory laws and add civil rights protections to the Columbus City Charter for the first time ever.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/columbus-plans-to-add-equal-rights-admentment-to-city-charter

KACramer
    KACramer
    Participant

I am an out and proud gay man, but when ever I see the LGBT acronym I immediately think of a sandwich with bacon… it sounds delicious.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE