Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Let's Redesign Columbus Streets with Streetmix!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Let's Redesign Columbus Streets with Streetmix!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mbeaumont
    Participant

There’s some talented urban design peeps on these boards. Let’s re-imagine some Cbus streets with Streetmix:

http://streetmix.net/

ScottUlrich
    Participant

Yes – Streetmix has been making rounds in the planning/design community over the past few days.

It will surely become an indispensable tool for quickly visualizing different street design scenarios, particularly in helping planners, designers, engineers and community leaders work with constituents – taking the power of design out of the hands of a few and putting it into the hands of many.

Not to mention, this is the first iteration of this tool – it can only get better, more features, more options, more customizable, etc. It’s a game-changer for sure. All thanks to Code for America[/url]!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Very cool. Will have to play with this a bit this week.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

This may save time by not having to Photoshop. I tried their Beta a few months ago but it would not work on my computer……as of right now, still doesn’t.

ScottUlrich
    Participant

jpizzow said:
    This may save time by not having to Photoshop. I tried their Beta a few months ago but it would not work on my computer……as of right now, still doesn’t.

Yeah, I just tried it on my Mac and it never loaded.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Hmm, I was using it on my Macbook Pro with no problems. I was using the latest version of Chrome if that helps.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, Chrome + OSX here with no problems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE