Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Plastic Bag Bans in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Plastic Bag Bans in Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 145 total)
  • Author

JeepGirl
    Participant

I can’t tell you the last time I had a plastic bag in the yard

Maybe that’s because they’re all in Schoolboys yard…

Schoolboy
    Participant

Sounds like I have some takers on that bet.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The only plastic bags I see blowing around are the ones from those idiotic ad packs. You want to ban those, I’m on board.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rus wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Schoolboy wrote:</div><br>
    If plastic bags aren’t blowing into your yard, then I’m not sure how. Unless you have the most barren landscaping possible I’m sorry but I simply do not believe this.

Where’s that greater good, again?

I think they have that on sale at Patagonia for $79.00

JeepGirl
    Participant

I give. You win.

Money was left in a plastic Kroger bag on your porch, you didn’t get it?

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Schoolboy wrote:</div>

I give. You win.

Money was left in a plastic Kroger bag on your porch, you didn’t get it?

bryce74428
    Participant

…so wait, you’re advocating stopping the recycling of a plastic bag I use from the grocery store to pick up after my dog and buying a <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>separate supply of plastic bags instead?

I’m not sure you’ve thought this through.

They make biodegradable dog waste bags. $5.99 at petco. Yes you would have to buy it. Plastic bags (petroleum based) are bad for the environment. We use too many. Your 20 comments about dog poop is annoying, and most people purchase pooper scoopers (reusable) which will help you solve your obsession with this particular dilemma.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

They make biodegradable dog waste bags. $5.99 at petco. Yes you would have to buy it. Plastic bags (petroleum based) are bad for the environment. We use too many. Your 20 comments about dog poop is annoying, and most people purchase pooper scoopers (reusable) which will help you solve your obsession with this particular dilemma.

Banning plastic bags is still a dumb idea. They have a variety of secondary uses that can’t be replaced with cloth bags.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

1. I spend time with 20 to 30 dog owners every day. None of them owns a pooper scooper.

2. They do use the dozens of plastic bags spread around the park or the roll of plastic bags provided by the park.

Graybeak
    Participant

I am still often surprised when looking outside my 17th floor window at work and seeing a plastic bag floating around.

I don’t know that it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, but it is interesting.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Think of the bags…

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bryce74428 wrote:</div>

Banning plastic bags is still a dumb idea. They have a variety of secondary uses that can’t be replaced with cloth bags.

I agree.

Wonder who was trolling with the one hit wonder account, though.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Think of the bags…

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHxi-HSgNPc?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&w=620&h=379%5D</span&gt;

The Term

A rumpled sheet
    Of brown paper
    About the length

And apparent bulk
    Of a man was
    Rolling with the

Wind slowly over
    And over in
    The street as

A car drove down
    Upon it and
    Crushed it to

The ground. Unlike
    A man it rose
    Again rolling

With the wind over
    And over to be as
    It was before.

William Carlos Williams

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

City Council will vote to ban plastic bags because it is the cool thing to do. I doubt that anyone will be able to persuade them that this is not a wise or efficient policy. The council is going to see that all the “cool” cities are banning the bags now. That’s all it will take.

We try to use cloth bags as much as possible. On the occasion when we use plastic bags, we keep them at home for secondary uses. We don’t use the bags to collect Didi’s feces; Mae buys special bags for that use.

What concerns me is the efficiency of the alternatives; efficiency and safety. A ban of plastic bags could end up being penny wise and pound foolish.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

City Council will vote to ban plastic bags because it is the cool thing to do.

Is that why city council members also recently started wearing leather jackets and smoking cigarettes when their parents weren’t looking? Just trying to be cool?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 145 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: