Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Plastic Bag Bans in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Plastic Bag Bans in Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 145 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

BTW this is an “after” shot of the same site but not quite the same camera location.

That site taught me that a lot of sheet plastic doesn’t bob on the surface like an empty bottle. Maybe a grocery bag, maybe a tent (in that pic) or maybe a huge honking tarp – it’s carried in the water until it gets snared in branches and around trunks and it shows how high the water level was.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Progressives sure love to ban things.

rus
    rus
    Participant

I’m picturing someone stroking out at the sight of someone else with a big gulp and plastic bags full of 2 liter sodas.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Like marriage equality and illegal immigration?

rus
    rus
    Participant

illegal immigration

joev
    Participant

Conservatives sure love pushing the external costs of minor conveniences to future generations.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Schoolboy
    Participant

Fully believe that mandatory recycling should be a national law.
    If cans/bottles were worth more like in other states, even if discarded as litter, there would be more initiative for others to pick them up. Which would help fix that issue.
    I just don’t see any other way of fixing the plastic bag issue unless we get rid of them all together. Yes they are very convenient but they aren’t a necessary part of our every day lives.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ColumbusTime wrote:</div>

Illegal immigration? lol, that doesn’t even make sense.

I just don’t see any other way of fixing the plastic bag issue unless we get rid of them all together. Yes they are very convenient but they aren’t a necessary part of our every day lives.

You mean aren’t a necessary part of your every day life.

joev
    Participant

Please, by all means, tell us how plastic bags are necessary to your everyday life.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Plas

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walker Evans wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ColumbusTime wrote:</div><br>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Schoolboy wrote:</div>

Ummmmm… you think you won’t still be able to buy some generic grocery style bags for your “necessary” uses????

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Agreed. America should be welcoming immigrants with open arms rather than trying to keep them out.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Agreed. America should be welcoming immigrants with open arms rather than trying to keep them out.

Eh, seems the D / R divide on that is more about how to bring in immigrants rather than open borders. The guest worker idea really wasn’t a bad one, although streamlining the immigration process in general also makes some sense, but neither of those say “no border security at all”.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Ummmmm… you think you won’t still be able to buy some generic grocery style bags for your “necessary” uses????

Right now I recycle mine as dog poop bags. The idea apparently is I should buy some other grocery bags, remember to carry them around, then go buy some other doggie bags.

Not the end of the world, but more of a hassle. More progressive busybodies clamoring to make life just that much more difficult.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

You still aren’t making any sense. We do welcome immigrants. We have a legal immigration system. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t enforce borders and prevent illegals from coming in. No one anywhere is for banning immigration.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 145 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: