Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Leslie's Creperie Food Cart Debut

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Leslie’s Creperie Food Cart Debut

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

AMEEKER
    Participant

On the way home from volunteering at a Crime Stoppers gig tonight, we passed a most unusual site on Fifth Ave. near the Twisted Vine: a food cart! Of course, we wanted to know what type of treats they were serving up, so we parked behind the Twisted Vine, I grabbed my trusty camera and went to find out just what wonderfulness had come to 5xnw.

Wonderfulness, indeed! Leslie’s Creperie just launched their mobile food business this week…and they launched in a big way, winning 3rd place Judge’s Choice at the Taste of Upper Arlington. Not bad considering all of the established restaurants and vendors competing there.

Leslie’s Creperie is owned by a husband and wife team (one half Greek, the other half Italian). Drawing on the popularity of the mobile food biz here in Columbus, they feel their crepes cart will be a good fit for the Grandview/5xnw area, but also plan to take their cart to campus. They offer a variety of crepes; some more suitable for breakfast, others for lunch, dinner.

We hope you’ll take a few minutes to stop by and taste their yummy offerings. While you’re at it, be sure to say hi to them on Facebook where they’ll post their menu daily, and tell them who sent you!

http://5xnw.com/2010/08/leslies-creperie/

Columbusite

The more crepe carts the better. Glad to see some food cart action out on
    W 5th.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Market Maven: New Vendor Welcome

The other food vendors at the Market are still delicious, but it is nice to have new options. And boy, what a new option! Leslie’s Creperie rolled their cart down the alley and everyone got excited. And I, being nosy, ran down immediately to see what they are all about.

READ MORE: http://www.downtowncolumbus.com/rightnow/2010/08/market-maven-new-vendor-welcome/

dru
    Participant

Leslie’s Creperie had a nice long line at Pearl Market today.

KSquared

Twisted Vine + crepes = all sorts of win.

Twixlen
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    Twisted Vine + crepes = all sorts of win.

TOTALLY agree. Sounds like a Tweetup to me!

Also. Leslie’s folks – ya’ll need to be on Twitter! We’re waiting!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Crepe crusaders: Leslie’s Creperie
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010
    By G.A. Benton

While Leslie’s website strongly emphasizes its European-ness, the enterprise seemed at least as much contemporary American – especially in its filling choices for savory crepes (black beans, salsa, chicken and cheddar cheese), which made them eat like “crepe-adillas.” The chicken and cheese I tried ($6) featured a nicely made crepe, but also supermarket-quality cheese and bland chicken. 2.5 stars

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/live/content/features/stories/2010/08/26/crepe-crusaders-leslies-creperie.html?sid=108

celrae

I asked about twitter and Paul said soon. It would be helpful to know what days and times you will be on 5th.

cc

Yummy. hope they can make it to Gallery Hop. It is unique, different than foodie cart.

@Walker

Have you tried them? I think (news aggregating) a fairly personal food review of a very local cart in Alive is fairly lame. I assumed you tried them. Speak your words…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

No, I haven’t tried them yet.

I don’t really see anything wrong with providing links to reviews for anyone who is looking for reviews. How exactly is that “lame”? Of the thousands of links I’ve posted to things all over the internet, this seems like a strange one to be upset about.

cc

I was a bit testy last evening, sorry for that.

I guess I was getting tired of the Alive’s anemic pseudo articles and I thought your reposting it gave it merit it did not deserve. I mistakenly had assumed you had tried them and was trying to get a better read (aka your take on the cart) than the Alive had to offer.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I don’t really do indepth food reviews too often anymore, as there are better people at it than me. But I have been making it a point to check out Leslie’s and see how they compare to Foodie Cart, which I’ve had twice now.

I guess I should hurry. With the weather cooling off quickly I’m afraid our food cart scene is going to go into hibernation soon. :(

Big Green Head
    Participant

Looking for Leslie’s Creperie to make an appearance at Green on the Green this May! I gotta get them registered to make it official!!

AMEEKER
    Participant

We’re going to do a follow up video with Leslie’s in May (better if the rain would ever stop on a weekday). They’re doing pretty well since starting up last year – they’re even hiring.

We also did a quick video with Loops when they opened around that same time, and they’re already looking to open a new store!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION