Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Lennox Flats

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Lennox Flats

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

cbustransit
    Participant

Awesome! I hope this helps the connection between OSU, Clinton Township and lennox. I know Clinton Township is doing a neighborhood plan for that area now. Hope it covers this. Exciting! :)

futureman
    Participant

I’ve also noticed they’ve cleared the land and are preparing the site for the 190 apartment units located at 3rd and the rail road tracks here.

Between this (190 units total), the 3rd Ave & Olentagny (190 units) project, Grandview Yard Apartments(154 units) and Goodale across the street from White Castle HQ (180 units) project we are looking at 784 apartment units fairly close together (off or close to Olentangy River Rd) coming online about the same time.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Not sure how well connected they can be to OSU when it’s a fairly daunting bike ride/walk to campus through a suburban-style shopping mall area. Maybe the OSU/Lennox COTA lines will be convenient enough. Otherwise it would be a little frustrating to live that close and still have to get in the car to fight traffic for half a mile then pay to park on campus.

cbus11

The 82 seems to be pretty popular. I agree that Clinton Township needs to add sidewalks. I am not really sure about biking, but there is a trail through West Campus if they can get to it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Are all of these developments specifically targeting students? I’ve not looked in detail into most of them, but I imagine that’s not the case for the Grandview Yard apartments, so I would think that non-car connectivity to OSU isn’t that important to most people living there.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I was thinking more about the Lennox ones since they’re physically very close to the medical campus. I agree about the rest.. although depending on how easy-access they are to the bike trail they’d have pretty nice bike accessibility to campus.

It’s kind of strange.. I’m imagining the apartments at 3rd and olentangy would be pretty nice for bike commuting to campus, as there is a nice entrance to the olentangy trail and from there you’re golden. The Lennox apartments will be much closer to campus but I think would be a lot more frustrating. You’d have to go pretty far out of the way unless you went through the olentangy/kinnear/john herrick intersection which feels more like a freeway onramp and is not very safe.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This project now has a website & & twitter account & facebook page:

http://www.lennoxflats.com/

http://www.facebook.com/lennoxflats/

leftovers

According to their facebook they are putting granite countertops in student rentals now.

They said they got a big response after running commercials at Lennox AMC before Hunger Games.

I do like they are pushing walking/biking
    —————-
    NEXT DOOR TO EVERYTHING
    Located at 815 Kinnear Road next to The Lennox Town Center, Lennox Flats is at the crossroads of The OSU Campus, the Tech Corridor and Columbus’s leading entertainment and sports venues. With a high walkability score, it’s one of the most walkable/bikeable communities in the Grandview/UA/OSU area. Hop on the Olentangy Bike Path, work out, grab a bite to eat, catch a movie, stock your fridge, get a haircut, or even furnish your apartment…all without getting in your car.

Our great neighbors make Lennox Flats the perfect location for this stage of your life:

AMC Lennox Theater
    Champps Restaurant
    Bravo Cucina
    Cup O’ Joe
    Johnny Rockets
    Super Target
    World Market
    Old Navy
    Barnes & Noble
    Staples
    The Ohio State University campus

Bike racks and bike repair area

Analogue Kid
    Participant

leftovers said:

I do like they are pushing walking/biking
    —————-
    NEXT DOOR TO EVERYTHING
    Located at 815 Kinnear Road next to The Lennox Town Center, Lennox Flats is at the crossroads of The OSU Campus, the Tech Corridor and Columbus’s leading entertainment and sports venues. With a high walkability score, it’s one of the most walkable/bikeable communities in the Grandview/UA/OSU area. Hop on the Olentangy Bike Path, work out, grab a bite to eat, catch a movie, stock your fridge, get a haircut, or even furnish your apartment…all without getting in your car.

Our great neighbors make Lennox Flats the perfect location for this stage of your life:

AMC Lennox Theater
    Champps Restaurant
    Bravo Cucina
    Cup O’ Joe
    Johnny Rockets
    Super Target
    World Market
    Old Navy
    Barnes & Noble
    Staples
    The Ohio State University campus

Bike racks and bike repair area

If only there were a sidewalk across the tracks to the Lennox…

cheap

i would be scared to ride a bike or even walk around this area after all these apts are built.
    sidewalks will have to be built,no question about it or somebody will get hit.

News
    Participant

Lennox Flats Finishing Phase One of New Apartment Development
    By: Walker

As you drive past The Ohio State University on 315, there’s a pretty good chance you’re eyeing the ongoing construction of the new 17-story hospital tower going up at the OSU Medical Center. But if you look off the highway in the opposite direction, you’ll see additional construction work also taking place on the other side of the AMC Lennox Movie Theatre.

That project is the first phase of the Lennox Flats apartment development, which is being constructed by locally-based Klingbeil Capital Management. Once completed, phase one will include 92 one-bedroom units while phase two will add another 102 units that include a mix of one and two bedrooms.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/lennox-flats-finishing-phase-one-of-new-apartment-development

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like phase 1 is pretty much wrapped and dirt is being moved for phase 2. Photos from here:

Construction Roundup — July 2012

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Facebook:

It’s move-in day here at Lennox Flats! We are excited to welcome all of our new residents :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just heard today that Phase 1 is completely leased out!

Another sign that the apartment market in Columbus is tight!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO