Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Legalization of Marijuana in Ohio - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Legalization of Marijuana in Ohio – News & Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 302 total)
  • Author

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

Josh T
    Participant

that is not then available to other similarly situated persons

I think you’re reading this wrong. Issue 2 kicks in if the preference is specified in the amendment proposed by the initiative. If determining the criteria for applying for a license is to be determined by a separate entity (in this case, the Division of Marijuana control, with oversight from the GA/Governor), it would be halal.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

that is not then available to other similarly situated persons

I think you’re reading this wrong. Issue 2 kicks in if the preference is specified in the amendment proposed by the initiative. If determining the criteria for applying for a license is to be determined by a separate entity (in this case, the Division of Marijuana control, with oversight from the GA/Governor), it would be halal.

I think you’re reading this naively. Issue 2 kicks in when Jon Husted says it kicks in. He can easily claim that a finite number of licensees or restrictions on licensees constitutes a commercial advantage that is not available to everyone. Issue 2 puts Husted between citizens and the ballot, that was the intention.

News
    Participant

Supporters Of Failed Issue 3 Will Still Push “Fresh Start Act”
    By KAREN KASLER – OHIO PUBLIC RADIO • 59 MINUTES AGO

Just days after voters rejected a plan to legalize marijuana in Ohio, the group behind it has gotten the green light to go ahead with another pot-related proposal.

READ MORE: http://radio.wosu.org/post/supporters-failed-issue-3-will-still-push-fresh-start-act#stream/0

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

one has to admire their tenacity.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

I want to apologize to the gallery for my response to the failed vote, I got to smoke on it and digest all the news and I know now that even though it still sucks balls so bad it shows up on Doppler radar as a low pressure system, I know something will pass.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

I want to apologize to the gallery for my response to the failed vote, I got to smoke on it and digest all the news and I know now that even though it still sucks balls so bad it shows up on Doppler radar as a low pressure system, I know something will pass.

Meh, the one consolation I take from this is picturing the tokers who voted against it getting busted for possession at traffic stops or intent after a trip to Garden Indoors. If they’re so confident they can get something better passed, they could have just included provisions to undo Issue 3’s monopoly.

Now the Legislature will dick around with legalizing medical to undermine next year’s efforts, and maybe eventually pass something super-restrictive to take the compassion vote away from any future legalization effort.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The bill could have been full on legal, no monopoly or anything and it would still have failed because Ohio is a red state and kids will die from gummy bears.

I’m surprised anyone thought it had a chance.

gold sounds
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>El Diablo Einstein wrote:</div>

Meh, the one consolation I take from this is picturing the tokers who voted against it getting busted for possession at traffic stops or intent after a trip to Garden Indoors. If they’re so confident they can get something better passed, they could have just included provisions to undo Issue 3′s monopoly.

Now the Legislature will dick around with legalizing medical to undermine next year’s efforts, and maybe eventually pass something super-restrictive to take the compassion vote away from any future legalization effort.

Yep, calling it now. I’d be shocked if it didn’t go down like this.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

A one in a trillion chance that the results are accurate. Not really a shock.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/expert-says-ohios-vote-against-pot-legalization-was-statistically-impossible

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

A one in a trillion chance that the results are accurate. Not really a shock.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/expert-says-ohios-vote-against-pot-legalization-was-statistically-impossible

“The conclusion that the vote was stolen is almost inescapable.”

Give me a break. The authors need to read up on Occam’s razor. Polls are just polls, and as they say in sports every time a heavy favorite goes down, they play the game for a reason.

Issue 3 failed for the simple reason that the oligopoly language alienated too many otherwise yes votes. That’s it.

joev
    Participant

And now we learn that the fear of election fraud is equally paranoid and insane on the left and the right.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

In a state where backwards asshats vote to defund planned parenthood, weed is never going to be voted legal.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

In a state where backwards asshats vote to defund planned parenthood, weed is never going to be voted legal.

The Ohio senate voted in favor. Neither house, or governor or voters have weighed in on the defunding. I don’t think the weed vote has anything to do with it. As stated above a group of dummies tried to hijack the issue….and lost. The article from the free press is stupid and embarrassing. Yes I’m sure the pot issue is where the bad people went all in on vote rigging. I smoke more than all of you combined probably and I can see the BS in claiming vote rigging !

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 302 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE