Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Legal Marijuana

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Legal Marijuana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

NerosNeptune
    Participant

You definitely couldn’t drive it through states that are still illegal. Flying is an interesting question.. I would assume for now that it would be illegal as airports/airport security are federal.

I have to imagine that as states start to see Colorado saving money on incarceration and bringing in new tax revenue, it won’t be an issue for long.

rus
    rus
    Participant

NerosNeptune said:

I have to imagine that as states start to see Colorado saving money on incarceration and bringing in new tax revenue, it won’t be an issue for long.

Here’s hoping. Still there’s the Feds, though:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/21/21566450-dea-irs-raid-denver-area-pot-businesses

Federal agents raided an unknown number of marijuana dispensaries and growing sites in Colorado Thursday, confiscating piles of marijuana plants and cartons of cannabis-infused drinks just weeks before the state allows recreational marijuana retailers to open their doors.

The raids, conducted on a snowy morning, were the first in Colorado since the U.S. Department of Justice said in August that it wouldn’t interfere with state marijuana laws as long as the states keep the drug away from children, the black market and federal property.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Denver said the federal action “comports with the Department’s recent guidance” but would not elaborate. The U.S. Attorney’s Office said authorities were executing sealed search and seizure warrants and wouldn’t disclose how many businesses are being targeted or what they’re being investigated for.
    In a statement, spokesman Jeff Dorschner said the Internal Revenue Service’s criminal investigations division was also involved.

From November, but makes me wonder just how far state nullification of Federal law can go.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

After years of advocating and billions spent trying to convince people not to smoke, we begin legalizing marijuana use……makes total sense to me. Now I have to dodge drunks AND stoners on the road. Anybody remember that movie Idiocracy. Thanks to American politics, we will soon be there. Anybudy want to join me 4 a tub of butter tonight?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Try it this way:

jpizzow said:
    After years of advocating and billions spent trying to convince people not to smoke drink, we begin legalizing marijuana use alcohol in 1933……

News
    Participant

Colorado Recreational Pot Market Opens For Business
    by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    January 01, 201411:05 AM

The nation’s first recreational pot industry opened in Colorado on Wednesday, kicking off an experiment that will be watched closely around the world and one that activists hope will prove that legalization is a better alternative than the costly American-led drug war.

Business owners who threw their doors open for shoppers at 8 a.m. are hoping the fledgling industry will prove to generate as much revenue as state officials hope it will. At least 24 pot shops in eight towns scrambled to get ready for the opening, increasing staff and inventory and hiring security.

READ MORE: http://www.npr.org/2014/01/01/258873052/colorado-recreational-pot-market-opens-for-business

NerosNeptune
    Participant

jpizzow said:
    After years of advocating and billions spent trying to convince people not to smoke, we begin legalizing marijuana use……makes total sense to me. Now I have to dodge drunks AND stoners on the road. Anybody remember that movie Idiocracy. Thanks to American politics, we will soon be there. Anybudy want to join me 4 a tub of butter tonight?

They were already high. Now we’re just going to stop wasting incredibly huge amounts of money hunting people down and housing them in jails for it.

geoyui
    Participant

Wyoming State Patrol warning: Don’t cross state border with weed

Marijuana is legal in Colorado, but the neighbors to the north sent out a reminder Thursday: “Do not bring your Colorado purchased marijuana into Wyoming.”

The Wyoming Highway Patrol put out a media release saying troopers have “no plans to increase patrols on highways near the state line to look for those transporting marijuana…from Colorado,” but the drug remains illegal in Wyoming and violators will be prosecuted.

geoyui
    Participant

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

Coy said:
    Except that they have, and the video by Mr. Shifter proves it.
    Incarcerating so many non violent mj offenders just keeps the private prisons in business…

+1

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

geoyui said:

now there are some smart business folks.

bjones7
    Participant

lazyfish said:
    now there are some smart business folks.

Thats not a cut out or anything… I guess they were high when they created this image. It’s not like photoshop exist ..

GCrites80s
    Participant

“Mommy, these people don’t use plates. And they eat very fast.”

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    Thats not a cut out or anything… I guess they were high when they created this image. It’s not like photoshop exist ..

When truth is stranger than fiction

A savvy Girl Scout is selling cookies at a cannabis clinic in San Francisco

Looking to drum up some new business, 13-year-old Girl Scout Danielle Lei and her mom set out for a San Francisco medical marijuana clinic on Monday, armed with boxes of Tagalongs, Dulce de Leches and other cookie varieties she and other scouts sell annually.
    Any patients at The Green Cross with the munchies didn’t stand a chance. In two hours on President’s Day, Danielle sold 117 boxes outside the clinic — people gobbled up all her Dulce de Leches and blazed through the Tagalongs. According to her mother, Carol, that’s 37 more boxes than what she sold during the same two-hour period outside a small Safeway the next day.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_25191695?source=inthenews

News
    Participant

Colorado Pot Market Exceeds Tax Hopes
    AP | by By KRISTEN WYATT
    Posted: 02/19/2014 3:33 pm

DENVER (AP) — Colorado’s legal marijuana market is far exceeding tax expectations, according to a budget proposal released Wednesday by Gov. John Hickenlooper that gives the first official estimate of how much the state expects to make from pot taxes.

READ MORE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19/john-hickenlooper-pot_n_4816993.html

JeepGirl
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: