Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Dennison (Formerly The Leafy Dale) in Victorian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Dennison (Formerly The Leafy Dale) in Victorian Village

This topic contains 94 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy H 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

dru
    Participant

heresthecasey said:
    Has any work gotten underway on this project yet?

they’ve been doing work on the existing portion (right hand side of graphic), but have yet to demo the old apartments needed to raise the new build (lh side)

heresthecasey
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, nice! I didn’t realize they had started on that little building.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I spoke with the wood company the other day about rentals and they mentioned units in the existing building were targeted for move in around first of October, but at $1,300 for a studio my search continues.

mbeaumont
    Participant

$1,300 for a studio

holy…

drew
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>King Gambrinus wrote:</div>
    $1,300 for a studio

holy…

Heheh… yeah, I’ll be curious to see what a $1300 studio looks like. It’s a great location and deserving of premium pricing, but even so that sounds steep!

goldenidea
    Participant

It’s a great location and deserving of premium pricing, but even so that sounds steep!

They are apparently pricing well above anything else on out there in the market so far. Considering the amount of time & investment they’ve put into the building and how well things went with The Wood building, you have to figure they know the upper end of market and know how this product can be valued in it. That new rooftop deck and gazebo sure look promising from the ground. The view of the park and downtown from the roof will probably be exceptional. Garage parking is also strong selling point. So in addition to the excellent location there’s other attractive amenities.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Who wants to take a peek inside? It’s on our Urban Living Tour on Sunday! Units on the top floor will be shown off as well as the views from the rooftop terrace!

Details/Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/urban-living-tour-tickets-12115167793

News
    Participant

First Phase of The Dennison in Victorian Village Almost Complete
    September 9, 2014 7:10 am – Brent Warren

The first residents of the Dennison in Victorian Village should be moving in by the end of the month. Work on the former Leafy Dale building at 789 Dennison Avenue is wrapping up after more than a year of construction.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-phase-of-the-dennison-in-victorian-village-almost-complete-bw1

drew
    Participant

I respect the Wood Companies – they’ve done some of the best new builds and remodels in the SN area, and the Dennison is shaping up nicely.

However, mark my words: there’s no way that the big hole in the ground shown in the pictures is going to become a fully realized residential structure plus underground parking garage in the next 9 months. I’ll bet good money on it.

And, no matter how nice the existing apartments may be, nobody in their right mind is going to want to live in them while they’re still building the addition. Not only will there be no parking garage access for tenants during some (if not all of) the addition’s buildout, but the construction crews are adding massive pressure to the (already extremely tight) on-street parking in the area. Read this again – tenants will be competing with construction workers for scarce on-street parking. There simply won’t be any open spots, certainly not during the day, and generally not in the evening, either (when SN employees park much of it out). It’s gotten so bad in the area that the construction crews have taken to routinely parking their trucks illegally.

Rear access to the existing Dennison building will almost certainly be compromised by the construction equipment that routinely blocks Hunter alley. This isn’t the end of the world, but it’s just one more way in which living in the middle of a construction site is death by a thousand cuts. If you can’t imagine the frustrations associated with all of the noise and dust, just take my word for it – as a neighbor of the Dennison I can tell you all about it. Well, everything except for what it’ll be like when they’re bolting a new building to the walls in which one lives…

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I think they could build that out in 9 months. I think Edwards built the entire Strathmore complex in not much more than that and that thing is huge. But I agree with everything else you mentioned regarding the construction. They’re asking high rents to live in a construction site for most of your first year.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like the underground/foundation work might be about done?

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-december-2014

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Going up!

jbcmh81
    Participant

This may be the slowest project in the Short North ever.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.