Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC Matan Apartment Project

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC Matan Apartment Project

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Riversouth is bustling… LC announced the latest addition at Front & Main, “117 apartment units on four stories above street-level parking and commercial spaces.” Nice to hear of the retail inclusion, curious to see how they’ll integrate the remaining historic structure on the south perimeter. The biz first article (http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/11/05/lifestyle-communities-files-plans-for-river-south.html) was a little confusing with their description.
    LC Matan Riversouth
    What a transformation for the intersection over the next couple years!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Riversouth is bustling… LC announced the latest addition at Front & Main, “117 apartment units on four stories above street-level parking and commercial spaces.” Nice to hear of the retail inclusion, curious to see how they’ll integrate the remaining historic structure on the south perimeter. The biz first article (http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/11/05/lifestyle-communities-files-plans-for-river-south.html) was a little confusing with their description.<br>

From the article here on CU the other day the drawings make me think the building will basically be J-shaped. Stretching all the way along Front and Cherry but only fronting about half of Ludlow. I’m guessing because the darker colored parking lot in that aerial is owned by the owners of that historic building and not LC.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Thanks Eridony, you’re right… I checked the auditor’s site and the building and newer parking lot from the pic are not included in the 261 S Front parcel block.

News
    Participant

LC Proposes Five-Story Mixed-Use Project for Main and Front Downtown
    November 4, 2015 2:35 pm – Brent Warren

Lifestyle Communities has submitted plans for two adjoining five-story buildings at the northwest corner of Main and Front streets, a proposal that would add 117 apartment units to an area of Downtown that is already attracting plenty of interest from both developers and apartment-seekers.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/the-matan-bw1

WJT
    Participant

If you look back at the post in the development section, Walker posted a layout of the site, and it looks like that little parking lot is marked as ‘future development’ and it is almost exactly the same size and shape as the Southeast section of this ‘J’ shaped proposal-if completed it would make the ‘J’ into a ‘U’. I would not be surprised if they simply made the future proposal match that southeast section, making a ‘U’ with the older 3 story structure in the middle.

It would certainly fit what they are doing by having ‘U’ shaped structures that have identical end points. Also the renders show that section of the ‘J’ as not having any windows or anything, and the other end at the southeast corner is sort of ‘separate’ and apart from the rest of the structure as well, and has a connecting section to the northern part.

Go back and look at what Walker posted to see what I am talking about. What do you think?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

I think the blank wall has something to do with building code – because there could be future development on the parking lot/adjoining parcel that would abut the LC project, regardless of who that developer may be. This goes back to the reason why the 106 Lofts building wasn’t allowed to punch out windows on the south side wall of that building, it would impede upon future tall development.
    matan

Revised aerial :)
    riversouth matan lc

WJT
    Participant

I think the blank wall has something to do with building code – because there could be future development on the parking lot/adjoining parcel that would abut the LC project, regardless of who that developer may be. This goes back to the reason why the 106 Lofts building wasn’t allowed to punch out windows on the south side wall of that building, it would impede upon future tall development.<br>
    matan

I just wonder why it would be marked ‘future development’ if they did not already know that is was going to be developed. Otherwise why mark it as such? It could just be left as is as a parking lot…unless they know otherwise? Maybe I am reading too much into it. But I certainly do hope it is developed as the blank wall will not be the most attractive thing in the world, you know?

*What I really want to know is what ends up happening with the quarter block on High directly east of The Julian. But the area is filling in nicely and when(if lol) all the LC stuff gets built it will have a huge impact on that area.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

I just wonder why it would be marked ‘future development’ if they did not already know that is was going to be developed. Otherwise why mark it as such? It could just be left as is as a parking lot…unless they know otherwise? Maybe I am reading too much into it. But I certainly do hope it is developed as the blank wall will not be the most attractive thing in the world, you know?

The same entity that owns the existing building owns the parking lot… It would be a prime foot print and location to throw in a mid-to-highrise tower!

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>WJT wrote:</div>

The same entity that owns the existing building owns the parking lot… It would be a prime foot print and location to throw in a mid-to-highrise tower!

???

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div>
    *What I really want to know is what ends up happening with the quarter block on High directly east of The Julian. But the area is filling in nicely and when(if lol) all the LC stuff gets built it will have a huge impact on that area.

That quarter of the block is just parking for the Julian I believe…

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>WJT wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div><br>

That quarter of the block is just parking for the Julian I believe…

The quarter block east of the Julian would basically be the northwest corner of the intersection of Broad and Main (Broad, Main, Wall, Cherry) where the Main Bar is, and which I believe Scott Schiff is fighting to acquire. Being at that prominent intersection I would hope something nice goes in there.

*Of course there is also the question of the quarter block directly west of this newly proposed Matan block, bordering the park. Wasn’t that the spot where the old Bicentennial plaza tower was planned way back when? I wonder what will become of that?
    (sarcasm) of course they would not want anything highrise or luxury there, since now that the park is full of screaming and screeching poor minority children in that fountain in the summer at all hours of the day and night the ambience of the area is totally ruined!(/sarcasm).

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

More downtown commission activity… Assuming today was just a conceptual review, the article mentions that construction will begin this spring pending approval next month.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2015/11/17/1117-new-apartments-approved.html

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

How in the hell will they work on 3 buildings at once? They still seem to be struggling working on 1.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: