Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Latitude 41

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Latitude 41

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

chrisat4th

I really like 41 overall but had a similar experience today – for $35 each, I really felt that you shouldn’t feel like you had to fight to get the food you wanted. I think that they should either go full buffet for something like this, or do a normal entree/side sort of thing. Basically, by giving a little of everything, they didn’t allow for people to get enough of what they wanted. And. . . they did say they would bring out more, but when that was requested the “more” was very small, slow, and begrudgingly given.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Took my parents tonight, they were going to a show ay the Ohio Theater after dinner. Good service. Everything was pretty good. They lost the order so it took a little longer than normal, but food was good. I got the mussels, fries, and juicy burger. I liked the mussels, but think Trattoria Romas mussels are better and you get more of them. The fries have a really unique taste and are very good. The burger was dry and overcooked and there was very little cheese, just really dry and not what I expected from something named”juicy”. I didn’t really eat it. I did take it home, Budgie will like it tomorrow. It was also on bread that reminded me of texas toast and fell apart when I tried to eat it. The lobster mac my mom ordered was great and my parents loved the pear salads they got with their meals. I forgot what my dad had, some sort of cut of meat, he liked it. All in all we had a great time and I would love to try some of the other menu items, but might opt for somewhere like Deepwood again first, can’t get the scallop wellington with wild mushrooms off my mind. It is a really beautiful space offering a great atmosphere and great food selection and great service. Maybe next time I will get the scallops.

News
    Participant

Latitude 41 Rolls Out New Fall Menu featuring Local Flavors
    Published on November 11, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

Chef Michael Koenig is a 20 year veteran chef whose credits include some of the top restaurants on the West Coast. And when he took over the kitchen at Latitude 41 in July, he brought with him the same kind of passion for rustic, simple food and dedication to local sourcing that Latitude 41 has always sworn by.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/latitude-41-rolls-out-new-fall-menu-featuring-local-flavors-aw1

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I have eaten here several times over the years, and have only had the most positive of experiences. That makes me reluctant to share the following, only because I consider it anomalous. But I share it nevertheless because Latitude 41 must do better.

At lunch today, about done with my salad, I arrived at a piece of lettuce with a very large and very dead moth in it. I stopped eating, and my friend called the waitress over. The waitress removed the plate and said she was going to speak with the manager. She returned a few minutes later alone, and with the bill. She had removed my salad from the bill. And that was that.

I recognize that mistakes happen, at the best and worst of restaurants, and to the best and worst of chefs. Of all the things happening in the world, this is exceedingly minor. But I thought it worth sharing nevertheless.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Long ago I had a prep cook job in a natural-foods restaurant. One task was to wash the salad greens, and I learned to appreciate the fact that dead bugs float.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

At lunch today, about done with my salad, I arrived at a piece of lettuce with a very large and very dead moth in it.

dont worry, i’m sure it didn’t eat much :)

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: