Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LaRosa's Pizza Expanding to Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining LaRosa's Pizza Expanding to Columbus

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

buckeyecpa
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GCrites80s wrote:</div>
    Man, Deveroe’s, Montgomery Inn, Jeff Wyler and now LaRosas in less than five years. The Cincinnatians are taking over.

Don’t forget Taste of Belgium too, which hopped from The Findlay Market to the North Market.

Now… if only we could get a Taste of Belgium Bistro, preferably somewhere in OTE.

http://www.authenticwaffle.com/bistro.html

I would love to have this

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I would love to have this

It’s so good that we did a remote review. ;)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/review-taste-of-belgium-bistro-in-cincinnati

GCrites80s
    Participant

I’ve always looked at LaRosa’s as one of those Cincinnati things like chili that people from there really dig but I think is merely alright. Up until a few years ago though, Cincinnati was a pretty crappy place for pizza (besides Adriatico’s) so LaRosa’s really stood out in a city dominated by Domino’s. Sure you could get Donato’s down there but it wasn’t theirs. Snappy Tomato has a lot of market share which I didn’t like.

I remember living in D.C. and making special trips to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum because it was the only place to get Donato’s there.

Posole
    Participant

I’ve always looked at LaRosa’s as one of those Cincinnati things like chili that people from there really dig but I think is merely alright.

I wouldn’t sell Cincinnati-style chili short. It may not be what we think of as traditional chili but it’s actually a fairly sophisticated dish, IMO. In fact, it is not that dissimilar to some of the mole sauces you might find in southern Mexico that have been around for years.

GCrites80s
    Participant

I know. I’ve actually got an article sitting around from 1983 called the Cincinnati Chili Culinary Complex from OSU Papers in Comparative Studies that went very in-depth on the complexities of the Cincinnati chili dish. Nonetheless personally Cincinnati chili wasn’t for me.

FunkBrothers
    Participant

Their Facebook Page status has them opening tomorrow at 10:30am. LaRosa’s will be located at Avery Square in Dublin. I’m looking forward to trying out LaRosa’s Pizza soon.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: