Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LaRosa's Pizza Expanding to Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining LaRosa's Pizza Expanding to Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Let’s not forget, Columbus routinuely sends our fair share of exports down I-71…Donatos, City BBQ, Piada, Jenni’s, Bravo…I won’t even mention more traditional chains based here. Its definitely a two-way street…

True. I think it’s a logical jump between the 3Cs for a lot of expanding businesses who want to test other markets while doing business within the familiarity of the same state.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Man, Deveroe’s, Montgomery Inn, Jeff Wyler and now LaRosas in less than five years. The Cincinnatians are taking over.

Don’t forget Taste of Belgium too, which hopped from The Findlay Market to the North Market.

Now… if only we could get a Taste of Belgium Bistro, preferably somewhere in OTE.

http://www.authenticwaffle.com/bistro.html

geoyui
    Participant

Larosa’s is too sweet with a Donato’s type crust.

Like Romeo’s?

bayrea
    Participant

It’s been a few years since I had Romeo’s. I remember enjoying it. LaRosa’s is much sweeter and thinner.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Romeo’s is very good stuff.

geoyui
    Participant

I’m a big fan of Romeo’s. Curious about Larosa’s when reading all the love in this thread.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We’re fans of Romeo’s and hit up the 5th Ave location pretty regularly.

Will certainly try LaRosa’s at least once, though the location is very far out of the way for us. Never met a pizza that I won’t try at least once. ;)

NerosNeptune
    Participant

It’s fine.. nothing worth driving way out of the way for unless you grew up eating it and specifically miss it. I always liked Donatos better for the style.. though certainly better options exist in both Cincy and Columbus.

Geno99
    Participant

Yes the pizza sauce is sweet, and some people will not like it.

/agree. NOT. A. FAN. It’s like eating ketchup on a pizza.

I much prefer a bright, fresh, tomatoey sauce like Tommy’s

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Funny, I’m listening to the WOSU call-in show, and they’re discussing added sugar in foods.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

I really don’t understand cutting a round pie in pieces like that.
    Can anyone explain why this is a thing?

geoyui
    Participant

I really don’t understand cutting a round pie in pieces like that.<br>

how do they cut it? squares like donatos?

UrbanPlanner2112
    Participant

I really don’t understand cutting a round pie in pieces like that.<br>

Because it’s easier to eat that way, especially when it’s fresh out of the oven. You can pick them up with one hand and the pointy end won’t flop over and spill sauce all over your shirt.

And you can eat as much or as little as you want. Whereas with the big pie-slices, once you commit to another piece you have to eat the whole big piece, even when that is too much.

Eugene_C
    Participant

I still usually eat too much pizza, even when it is cut into small squares.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

What I’d like to know is why I automatically cut a Donatos take-and-bake into squares when I take it out of the oven.

What’s wrong with me?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: