Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Large dogs in small apartments

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Large dogs in small apartments

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Twixlen said:
    A) Because sometimes life happens and circumstances change.
    B) I still find it odd that you are judging your neighbors in this way. If the dogs were creating some issue for you (barking, crapping in the hallway, threatening you in some way), *then* you have an issue. Now, you’re just looking for some way to push a weird, slightly obscure agenda, that feels faintly like some of the vegan rigamarole bandied about.

A) I guarantee you that isn’t the case in most “circumstances.”
    B) I do have issues with them, and they should be judged. The way their dogs behave reflects on my neighbors as owners (who for some reason, despite said behavior still refuse to use leashes for whatever reason). The other day, as I was leaving one barged into my apartment and ran all over the place, jumped on all of my furniture, etc. And yesterday, as I was in the elevator, another jumped on me and scratched the shit out my arms while the owner just stood there and giggled, “LOL SORRY!” But this is somewhat a digression of the topic at hand… or maybe it isn’t, as supposedly as some of you said, these types of dogs have “less energy” and don’t require “as much exercise.”

DavidF
    Participant

Fine, you put forth the proposition, throw some facts and citations that go beyond what you feel is right.

BTW: I’m less sympathetic than I was.

rus
    rus
    Participant

DavidF said:

No shit.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Seems like your issue is with the owners, not the dogs. Doesn’t matter the size. Hell my parents have a 6 lb Yorkie that we have to lock up when repair guys come over.

I’m sure your neighbors could probably find some quirk of yours to complain about.

And you’re less sympathetic because

DavidF said:
    Fine, you put forth the proposition, throw some facts and citations that go beyond what you feel is right.

Please rephrase? I have no idea what you’re saying.

lifeontwowheels said:
    Seems like your issue is with the owners, not the dogs. Doesn’t matter the size. Hell my parents have a 6 lb Yorkie that we have to lock up when repair guys come over.

I’m sure your neighbors could probably find some quirk of yours to complain about.

Obviously. Why would my issue be with the dogs themselves?

And perhaps they could, but this thread has nothing to do with any of my “quirks.” Thanks for diverting the topic though. I don’t know why so many of you are taking offense to any of this.. It’s like you all are walking on eggshells.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I can talk to buffalos said:
    Obviously. Why would my issue be with the dogs themselves?

And perhaps they could, but this thread has nothing to do with any of my “quirks.” Thanks for diverting the topic though. I don’t know why so many of you are taking offense to any of this.. It’s like you all are walking on eggshells.

I guess to restate, your issue is focused on owners of large dogs. But it could be any dog causing these issues, regardless of size. Have you actually talked to the owners about the issues?

lifeontwowheels said:
    I guess to restate, your issue is focused on owners of large dogs. But it could be any dog causing these issues, regardless of size. Have you actually talked to the owners about the issues?

Yes, it could be about any dog. It could also be about a fish. But it isn’t. The only issues I have ever had are with the large dogs. I have encountered at least 8 large dogs and one small dog in this building, and have yet to encounter a well-behaved dog (aside from the smaller one, who ironically, I have had no issues with).

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Yes, it could be about any dog. It could also be about a fish. But it isn’t. The only issues I have ever had are with the large dogs. I have encountered at least 8 large dogs and one small dog in this building, and have yet to encounter a well-behaved dog (aside from the smaller one, who ironically, I have had no issues with).

So you actually haven’t actually talked to anyone-neighbors or management-and instead come here to complain about your neighbors. And that solves your problem how?

lifeontwowheels said:
    So you actually haven’t actually talked to anyone-neighbors or management-and instead come here to complain about your neighbors. And that solves your problem how?

Funny you say that. I’ve seen numerous posts from other CUers complaining about issues they haven’t exactly formally attacked. What you must have meant to say was, “We all disagree with you so we don’t tolerate you ‘complaining.’ “

And to answer your question, yes, I have confronted my neighbors. And yes, as would be expected, I get an “Oh, sorry man!!” with no obvious effort to solve the problem. Quite frankly, I just avoid these people whenever I see them. That is my solution. But, the point of this thread was not to solve my problem, anyway. So, thanks for trying to divert the topic once again. Don’t know why you keep trying to do that.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Funny you say that. I’ve seen numerous posts from other CUers complaining about issues they haven’t exactly formally attacked. What you must have meant to say was, “We all disagree with you so we don’t tolerate you ‘complaining.’ “

And to answer your question, yes, I have confronted my neighbors. And yes, as would be expected, I get an “Oh, sorry man!!” with no obvious effort to solve the problem. Quite frankly, I just avoid these people whenever I see them. That is my solution. But, the point of this thread was not to solve my problem, anyway. So, thanks for trying to divert the topic once again. Don’t know why you keep trying to do that.

I think we disagree with someone telling others how they should live. Are you an expert in animal care that can fairly judge if the animals in question are being mistreated or abused? That seems to be part of your orginal post, that these animals are being mistreated based on their size and the size of their home.

And kick it to management. Nothing wrong with an anonymous note letting them know animals are often running loose through the halls. I assume there are some community rules?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

My neighbor wears too much black and I think he is dating the wrong guy.

cc

Godammit, it is a very dark blue…

groundrules
    Participant

We must respect animals as the beings they are, rather than as the near-human companions we might wish them to be.

As a mother, I can attest to the fact that while raising a healthy, balanced dog is nowhere near as complicated a task as raising a healthy, balanced human, it is absolutely no less of a commitment.

it’s not just buffalos you talk to, is it?

DavidF
    Participant

What was the point of this thread? You seemed to be making an assertion (without any proof) that the simple fact of having a larger dog in an apartment made a negligent dog owner. Then you shifted to your true complaint, that you have asshat dog owners in your building who do nothing to train their dogs to behave properly.

That’s an entirely different issue, and I’m gonna guess, one most of us would be in complaint agreement with.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 135 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION