Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Large cookie orders

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Large cookie orders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

somertimeoh
    Participant

I just decided today that I want to take vday cookies to my customers tomorrow. Yes, I’m a procrastinator. I could go the cheapy grocery store bakery route, but I’d like to do something a little nicer, but not like $1+ a piece Cheryl’s cookie nice. I need to get around 6 – 8 dozen.

Any ideas for bakeries that might have deals on a bulk order I could pick up tomorrow? I feel like our bakery choices are limited here, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. They’re all wonderful, but kinda frou frou which comes at a high cost and not really good for a situation like this.

Thanks!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Dooood…I don’t care if they are grocery store or not…those cute frosted with sprinkles poofy sugar cookies from Kroger are SO SO SO SO GOOD. You could repackage them in something cuter. I just got pink frosted ones with chocolate and heart sprinkles on them for work today.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Oh…aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they are 2 for 5 buckaroos right now…10 cookies in each package.

misskitty
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    Dooood…I don’t care if they are grocery store or not…those cute frosted with sprinkles poofy sugar cookies from Kroger are SO SO SO SO GOOD. You could repackage them in something cuter. I just got pink frosted ones with chocolate and heart sprinkles on them for work today.

The lofthouse Ones? I agree they are so good I can eat an entire pack of those.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Yeah, but it’s hard to transport that frosting BS without it looking like a hot mess. I was hoping for a white bakery box full of just seasonal sugar cookie type things. I used to get this crap all the time in Dallas. They aren’t fancy, but they transported well and were like $6 a dozen or something. I feel like I’m missing something. Like there must be all these simple bakery/donut shop places in strip malls in the burbs and I just don’t know about them because I never leave downtown :(

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

The lofthouse Ones? I agree they are so good I can eat an entire pack of those.

I bought 40 of them today. It was like a feeding frenzy in here. Sprinkles make people a bit crazy.

lilbit
    Participant

Piece of Cake is about a buck a cookie. But they might give you a break on a large order. ???

Roland
    Participant

go with those x-rated cookies from Pattycake Bakery. ;)

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Bakery Gingham says they do sugar cookies for $1 a piece. Maybe she gives bulk discounts?
    http://www.bakerygingham.com/

KSquared

Somer, I think I know what you mean. Try Old World Bakery on Demorest Rd on the west side (962 Demorest Road, Columbus, OH 43204
    (614) 278-8046‎) or Schneider’s Bakery in uptown Westerville (6 South State Street, Westerville, OH‎ – (614) 882-6611‎).

somertimeoh
    Participant

KARA!!! You are a life saver!! $7 a dozen, hard iced cookies in hearts. Yay!

somertimeoh
    Participant

Roland wrote >>
    go with those x-rated cookies from Pattycake Bakery. ;)

Oh, I want some of those, just not for my customers :)

KSquared

somertimeoh wrote >>
    KARA!!! You are a life saver!! $7 a dozen, hard iced cookies in hearts. Yay!

Awesome. Schneider’s? Nice people, I miss working up there and doing doughnut runs.

Twixlen
    Participant

FYI – The Andersons is a good option too – they always have fun seasonal stuff, and I’ve found them to be really reasonable, and able to handle scale in a pinch!

ETA: Those frosted sprinkle-business sugar cookies are happiness.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE