Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

L'Appat Cafe in Olde Towne East

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining L'Appat Cafe in Olde Towne East

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

BCNation
    Participant

I was riding the # 11 bus one day, and saw an awning saying “L’Appat Patisserie & Cafe” at the corner of Oak & Champion. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors?

lilbit
    Participant

Did this place ever open for business on Long Street?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nope. Did not. They never got the build-out completed.

zp945
    Participant

Spooky. I just dug up the old thread on the Long St location about an hour ago and almost posted to find out what had happened. If they are opening in OTE, good luck to them. They are clearly persistent people and that is the one must have trait in opening and running a restaurant.

christylwilliams
    Participant

FYI, this place is finally open. I’ll have more details up on the oldetowneeast.org website sometime soon.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

L’appât Patisserie & Café Opens in Olde Towne East
    By: Walker

The third time is the charm for Didier Alapini, the founder of L’appât Patisserie & Café. This bio-chemist turned pastry entrepreneur struggled to renovate two dilapidated buildings before setting his sights on Olde Towne East.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/lappat-patisserie-cafe-opens-in-olde-towne-east

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Stopped in last night and got a few sweets to take home.

Banana and butterscotch cookie, pineapple cookie, coffee brownie, lavender chocolate chip cookie and a strawberry chausson.

Everything was incredible, only $10 to boot. Looking forward to stopping in again. The owner was incredibly friendly and outgoing.

sundown
    Participant

+1 on this place. Wife and I had brunch there a couple months back. Owner and his wife were super, incredibly friendly and warm. Folks from outside the area might be struck by the surroundings, but I promise, the sweets are worth the visit. I’m hoping something else will open on the opposite corner near the barber shop, ala AngryBaker/YellowBrick.

drew
    Participant

I like ’em, too. There’s something almost N’awlins like to the vibe of the place. He’s having tons of fun with his dessert & pastry offerings, and many are very very good.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I’ve been told they are opening a branch on Long street near the Lincoln. It seems brave to open a second location so soon after opening the first, but I’m really looking forward to it, so I wish him every piece of luck!

News
    Participant

L’Appat Patisserie & Cafe | Columbus, OH
    Posted on November 12, 2013 by Breakfast with Nick

“Welcome! You’re in Didi’s house now. I’m about to make you very happy.” That was our greeting from Didier Alapani – Didi – when we stepped in the door of L’Appat Patisserie. Didi’s welcome into his little cafe, for first-time customers like us, set the tone for our entire meal.

READ MORE: http://breakfastwithnick.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/lappat-patisserie-cafe-columbus-oh/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… this place closed recently on Oak Street, but the owner says on Facebook that they’re “getting ready to open in Fall in Clintonville”.

Glad to hear it’s not going away completely!

And that spot on Oak Street won’t be sitting empty for long either:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/the-flamingo-room

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Bummed I’m just learning about this place now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: