Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

L'Antibes project

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining L’Antibes project

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

AmyD
    Participant

they got a high chair when we brought the kids for brunch. that’s all it takes for me to love them.

JoeMitchell

structure looks impressive

aaminian
    Participant

JoeMitchell wrote >>
    structure looks impressive

Anyone have a pic?

garpetto

Sadly, L’Antibes no longer serves brunch. The patio is slated to open in the 3rd or 4th week of May. The standard menu will be available on the patio, as well as a new menu with brasserie/bistro fare. Look for interesting wines,beers and cocktails to accompany the new menu.

In the interest of transparancy, I am a waiter at L’Antibes. We greatly anticipate welcoming the CU community, and all of Columbus, to our new patio. We look forward serving you high quality food and drink and we welcome your thoughts and questions.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Really looking forward to the new patio! I had one of the best meals of my life at L’Antibes. A bistro menu would get me there much more often. Sounds great!

lheller

Patio is open as of last night! Amazing food, I tried half the menu which is different from the main menu. More items for sharing, like calamari, french fries with dipping sauces, tuna tartare, sliders. So good.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

We also checked out the new patio last night. Really enjoyed all the food we tried and love the spaciousness of the patio. They are planning to grow wisteria up the metal structure. Sounds like they have an interesting cocktail list planned as well. It’s a great addition to the Short North.

Patio is open from 5pm and sounded like it will be open until 10pm during the week and 11pm on weekends.

jerdo87
    Participant

Any update on when the new concept is supposed to open?

Nancy H
    Participant

Any update on when the new concept is supposed to open?

I chat regularly with chef/owner Matt Litzinger because I walk past L’Antibes/HomeFare on my way home from work. He is usually there working at that time (doing a lot of the remodeling himself). If he is there tonight, I will inquire about a projected reopening date.

Nancy H
    Participant

Matt was working at L’Antibes/HomeFare this morning as I walked by on my way to work…

Pretty much all the demo work and major floor plan changes are done. Gone are the entry foyer and the wall dividing the space into two small rooms. Bar has been relocated and redesigned so it is a more casual eat at the bar design. Large window into the kitchen area will streamline serving and give patrons a view of what’s cooking. About the only thing that is not changing is the outdoor patio area – it will remain.

Matt said the menu will be high quality comfort food. Everything will be made from scratch. He hopes to do daily specials like Meatloaf Monday and Fried Chicken Sunday. Fried chicken will go way beyond everyday. Matt plans to brine the chicken and saute it up quickly so it is crispy and flavorful without the greasiness of most fried chicken. Saturday and Sunday brunch are planned as well as a heavy emphasis on take out.

The new place will be open seven days a week. I didn’t think to ask if he would be open for lunch during the week.

He is hoping for a mid to late fall reopening, but that all depends on finish details, inspections and the pre-opening activities.

mwood
    Participant

Matt said the menu will be high quality comfort food. Everything will be made from scratch. He hopes to do daily specials like Meatloaf Monday and Fried Chicken Sunday.

Well that sounds generic.

Nancy H
    Participant

Noticed this evening, as I was walking home, that Home Fare has soft opened.

Matt told me a week or so ago that he was close to reopening, and was planning to just quietly reopen with some family and regulars… and let people discover he was open again.

So, there you go. They are now open. Go discover.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Great! Thanks, Nancy! Looking forward to trying it out!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: