Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

La Bamba Closed - Qdoba Opens In Their Place

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining La Bamba Closed – Qdoba Opens In Their Place

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Digital Dave
    Participant

Damn, what a drag. I was wondering about this as I was on the bus and noticed the sign was gone. Honestly, when I first moved back here in Apr 2011, I thought it had closed but had only moved. I miss the original non-PC mural with the Mexican handeling the extra-large burrito while the gringos had them exploding all over them :)

SamuraiJack
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    For those needing a Pizza By the Slice fix, Sal has been running Flying Pizza on Bethel Rd for quite some time. Still tastes identical to how it used to be on campus, same oregano/cheese shakers on the counter, etc.

http://www.theflyingpizza.com/bethel/bethel.html

Sal retired and sold it to the same guy who runs campus (I think).. I had it last week and it was good. sauce was missing something but the sausage and meatball were great toppings

SamuraiJack
    Participant

firecrackers said:
    Beekman’s!!! Sometimes I think I would give up an appendage for just one more Camper Van.
    On a more topical note, Bamba’s horchata was delish- is there any place else on/near campus that serves it on the regular?
    Also giving a +1 to Flying Pizza on Bethel, the new place on High is just not the same.

I’m hoping to come close to re-creating the Buckeye from Beekmans with the new bagelwich food truck since they use steam heating..

LaBamba was my favorite burrito place in columbus. I haven’t tried many of the trucks in town that offer burritos yet, but chicken and choritzo super burrito was worth driving there for. Its because of them that Chipotle bores the crap out of me taste wise..

Digital Dave
    Participant

I seem to remember La Bamba’s being better in the early to mid ’90s but perhaps thats because I had just moved here back then. When I had them a few times in the last few months, I was sober, so there’s that. OT, but I see Philips Coney Island downtown has closed as well although it had been for sale for a while.

Graybeak
    Participant

after eating from the Burrito Buggy for so long in Athens, Chipotle and the other rice factories really don’t do it for me either.

dru
    Participant

Digital Dave said:
    OT, but I see Philips Coney Island downtown has closed as well although it had been for sale for a while.

https://www.columbusunderground.com/phillips-coney-island-to-be-reborn-in-the-short-north

Digital Dave
    Participant

Ah. Thanks dru!

News
    Participant

Campus-area Qdoba opening Friday in La Bamba space
    Business First by Dan Eaton, Staff reporter
    Date: Monday, October 29, 2012, 12:50pm EDT

Here’s a nice, warm thought for a stormy, chilly week – free burritos from Qdoba Mexican Grill.
    The chain has a date for its newest Central Ohio opening at 1956 N. High St. The restaurant is set to open this Friday, Nov. 2.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2012/10/campus-area-qdoba-opening-friday-in-la.html

News
    Participant

Restaurant review: Columbus’ new Qdoba Mexican Grill strikes down High Street Goliath Chipotle
    By Matt Borcas
    Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012

When it comes to grabbing a burrito on High Street, hungry patrons typically turn to Chipotle Mexican Grill. But after eating at the new Qdoba Mexican Grill, located at 1956 N. High St., which opened last week, I now have a different idea in mind to satisfy my craving.

READ MORE: http://www.thelantern.com/a-e/restaurant-review-columbus-new-qdoba-mexican-grill-strikes-down-high-street-goliath-chipotle-1.2948742#.UJ1eCkI9ksk

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: