Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

L'antibes

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion L’antibes

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

AmyD
    Participant

my brother took my family there for brunch. I think my daughter was the first person to sit in a high chair in that place! i loved that they made them feel at home, when it’s not really a toddler restaurant.

Being vegan, there was nothing on the menu I could eat, so they made something special!! how wonderful is that?! AND it was delicious. Some kind of awesome potato/spinach/olive oil thing that was superb.

They told my daughters the fancy pants french toast was actually breakfast donuts and they loved it!

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

L’Antibes a la CMH Gourmand

GA Benton did a good review for Columbus Alive in November and some of you guys in this post were talking about going in November / December in another post. Chef Skaggs is great and the place really is worth trying out.

Let’s get ENZO there soon, she can use the meal to fuel her dancing.

vespamary
    Participant

Daz wrote I’d just like to say that tonight, Jo and I went to the North Market Chef Cooking Series featuring John Skaggs from L’Antibes. He is the lunch and the brunch chef there.

His cooking is the type of thing people write novels about.

John Skaggs is an amazing chef and an all-around good guy. He’s always up for participating in whatever we’ve got going at the North Market and goes above and beyond the call of duty. He was our “special chef” in the Dispatch Kitchen at last year’s Apron Gala, cooked for the mob at Scoot-A-Que in 2006 and has won countless cooking contests here. NORTH MARKET LOVES JOHN SKAGGS!

chaptal
    Participant

How much time in advance does one need to make Sunday brunch reservations? I’ve a visitor in April I want to take there.

Daz
    Participant

chaptal wrote How much time in advance does one need to make Sunday brunch reservations? I’ve a visitor in April I want to take there.

I made em last night with no issues. I’m guessing you’d be good with a few days notice.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

vespamary wrote

Daz wrote I’d just like to say that tonight, Jo and I went to the North Market Chef Cooking Series featuring John Skaggs from L’Antibes. He is the lunch and the brunch chef there.

His cooking is the type of thing people write novels about.

John Skaggs is an amazing chef and an all-around good guy. He’s always up for participating in whatever we’ve got going at the North Market and goes above and beyond the call of duty. He was our “special chef” in the Dispatch Kitchen at last year’s Apron Gala, cooked for the mob at Scoot-A-Que in 2006 and has won countless cooking contests here. NORTH MARKET LOVES JOHN SKAGGS!

I can vouch that whatever he made for the Harvest Festival contest was amazing. I only remember that it was a trio of heirloom tomatoes and involved green tomato aioli. And the quiche for brunch was heaven.

News
    Participant

L’Antibes Closes, Will Reopen as HomeFare
    June 3, 2015 9:00 am – Rebecca Wagner

Short North restaurant L’Antibes has closed its doors. The space at 772 N. High Street will undergo a full renovation, with a reopening slated for July 30. The new concept replacing L’Antibes will be called HomeFare. The home-inspired menu will feature a range of comfort foods, and will be carryout-friendly.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/lantibes-closes-will-reopen-as-homefare-rw1

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE