Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Korean BBQ in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Korean BBQ in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bjones7
    Participant

Any good Korean BBQ places in Columbus?

maveric1
    Participant

There are only 2 “BBQ” places in Columbus, that I know of. Kaya on Reed and Sansu on Bethel.

bjones7
    Participant

Cool Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome Laura Lee, of Ajumama fame, recommended San Su. I can’t wait to try it.

Another vote for San Su on Bethel. The lunch specials are affordable and delicious.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

Hopefully it’s still there (haven’t eaten out in a restaurant for a while) but we were really big fans of Restaurant Silla on Henderson – I wrote a review[/url] about it quite a while ago, and our visits since then have been pretty consistent with the review. It’s not Korean BBQ in the sense that you cook the food yourself at the table (which I think is the way Kaya does it, right folks?), but they make one hell of a Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap.

DavidF
    Participant

columbusfoodie said:
    Hopefully it’s still there (haven’t eaten out in a restaurant for a while) but we were really big fans of Restaurant Silla on Henderson – I wrote a review[/url] about it quite a while ago, and our visits since then have been pretty consistent with the review. It’s not Korean BBQ in the sense that you cook the food yourself at the table (which I think is the way Kaya does it, right folks?), but they make one hell of a Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap.

Kaya is the real deal for Korean BBQ, but Silla is awesome sauce for Korean food in general.

geoyui
    Participant

Kaya and Sansu are both great choices.

The one advantage Silla has over the others is that they are open late (2 am), so if you want late night Korean food, Silla is the place.

But going back to BBQ, something that I recently discovered at Sansu is that they have a Korean BBQ BUFFET for lunch on Sundays (Maybe even Saturdays?). It’s not cheap, $30 for an all you can grill Korean BBQ. FYI, everyone at your table has to get the buffet, no sharing…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pork Belly from Ajumama.

Barbecued by the talented and charming Laura Lee.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: