Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Knotty Pine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Knotty Pine

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

I would love a family joint to come into the Pine. If you go back about 15-20 years it honestly was a pretty good place to eat. Family run, decent BBQ, great patio. I totally miss Gibby’s. I think that the spot would support it, heck the DK one block down does just fine. (Although perhaps they are the ones who drove them out, hmmm). Right now our family place is Barley’s locally or Rancho for mex or La Tavola for italian. No lack of choices around here. Whatever goes in better compete better than a GFS food reheater like Rude Dog was. Anyone know more about the possible Press Grill in the Graffiti burger spot?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

News
    Participant

Knotty Pine Returns to Grandview as Knotty Pine Brewing
    February 5, 2015 4:18 pm – Walker Evans

When the Knotty Pine restaurant closed its doors in 2012, residents of Grandview Heights bemoaned the loss of a favorite local establishment. The space at 1765 West Third Avenue (which is technically in Columbus, but only by a few feet) has been occupied by the Rude Dog Bar & Grill for the past 18 months, which abruptly closed its doors without notice (its website only lists Polaris and Pickerington locations).

The space won’t sit empty for long though, as the new owners have announced today that it will once again carry the Knotty Pine moniker with an updated concept.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/knotty-pine-returns-to-grandview-as-knotty-pine-brewing

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Kessler says that his home brewing skills aren’t enough to scale up to a larger operation, so he’s hired a local brewmaster with thirty years of experience to help set things up and consult on recipes.”

I wonder who this is? It’s not who I thought it was.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

How many local brewmasters with three decades of experience does Columbus have??

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Someone from the Bud plant?

Anonymous
    Inactive

At the Ohio Craft Brewers Conference this was the rumor floating around at the banquet last night.

Someone from the Bud plant?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Does it matter how much experience they have anyway? If they can make good beer with 6 months of experience (I know taking it to the extreme) I’ll drink it.

Like I’ve said before, we have some great local beers, and some awful local beers. Let’s hope they make the former, experience knowledge aside.

Side note: I’ve never been in this building. It always reminded me of a place old people would go to eat. MCL or Pauls style.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New sign is up:

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Curious what the inside is going to look like. Please, please, please, go easy on the TVs.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I can’t decide if I hate the logo or not.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

reminds me of this

which is not a bad thing.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE