Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Knotty Pine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Knotty Pine

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Honestly the knotty pine was a whole lot of nothing. Went there once and never had any desire to go again despite living two blocks away for years now. Any change is a big improvement.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

dru said:
    http://www.rudedoggrandview.com/%5B/url%5D

$3.50 bloody mary Sunday special. yes, please :)

ricospaz
    Participant

I live a block away from the Pine. I’m glad to have a place to walk to with HH specials. After being at Woodlands: Backyard last night, I will pray for good service at Rude Dog.

rus
    rus
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    I live a block away from the Pine. I’m glad to have a place to walk to with HH specials. After being at Woodlands: Backyard last night, I will pray for good service at Rude Dog.

Tried it out yet? Been there a couple of times since they’ve opened. Service has been good.

derm
    derm
    Participant

If I am sauntering west down third, I keep myself going, turn right on Glenn and drop in to Johnnies. 1.50 longnecks, and seventy five cent pool.

OK OK, if there is a big amount of time between events at the track meet I will probably head there with the missus for a bracer. Those track meets are long. When your kid does the long jump(first) and 4X200(last) you have some free time at Anderson Field.

bayrea
    Participant

I got dragged here for dinner and drinks by family… food was pretty bad, we mostly got flatbreads and the toppings were cold and nasty. Noticed other peoples food coming out served in dog bowls and frisbees, stay classy Rude Dog. Plus side was good beer selection and nice waitresses. Would not willingly go back but if forced I wouldn’t have a flatbread.

rus
    rus
    Participant

bayrea said:
    I got dragged here for dinner and drinks by family… food was pretty bad, we mostly got flatbreads and the toppings were cold and nasty. Noticed other peoples food coming out served in dog bowls and frisbees, stay classy Rude Dog. Plus side was good beer selection and nice waitresses. Would not willingly go back but if forced I wouldn’t have a flatbread.

Never had the flatbread, but liked the dog bowls and frisbees ( yeah, kinda cheesy, but good for a laugh ). The italian sub is my favorite so far.

Supposed to have a full menu starting tomorrow.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Is Rude Dog on Third closed?

Drove by last night and the lights were out and the windows were papered over.

kit444
    Participant

Is Rude Dog on Third closed?

Drove by last night and the lights were out and the windows were papered over.

That location isn’t listed on their website anymore.

http://www.rudedogbarandgrill.com/

Misplaced
    Participant

Yeah, it’s been closed for a week or so.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Can anything survive in that spot? :-/

ricospaz
    Participant

The word I heard is that a microbrewery is going in there.. They are bringing back the Knotty Pine name too. Supposedly one owner bought out the other’s interest. I hope this is true.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

That would be good news. They have such a great patio but rude dog was too much of a sensory overload sports bar for me to frequent. But that’s just me.

GCrites80s
    Participant

It was like a strip mall bar with no strip mall.

bayrea
    Participant

I know I gave it a harsh review a few months ago but I went back a few times and the food was mediocre and the service was great. What I think killed it was the stupid concept. The Grandview community does not want to eat out of dog bowls. When Gibby’s vacated their spot on 3rd it was quickly swept up and turned into 3rd and Hollywood. As far as I can tell that place is packed every night. Johny’s on Glenn caters to the dive bar crowd. The Knotty Pine spot could easy support a mid-level, neighborhood bar. my 2 cents

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE