Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Knotty Pine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Knotty Pine

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author

cbus11

I haven’t been there since they closed for the renovation way back when. The old Pine was a Grandview fixture I hope they can work out the bugs.

Misplaced
    Participant

I agree that new competition has hurt the Knotty. And I think it lost some of its charm after the renovation. Living only a block away, I would walk over more often if the food was better and/or they carried more craft beer.

ricospaz
    Participant

Knotty Pine is closed and the phone has been disconnected. a couple weeks now. It did get purchased at Sheriff’s Sale though.

GCrites80s
    Participant

The one time I was in there I was afraid to laugh out loud. They did have newspapers to read, though. I drank Turkey and read the Metro section.

futureman
    Participant

Sounds like a sports bar/restaurant – with a great patio.

Rude Dog taking over Knotty Pine space near Grandview Heights
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter- Business First

The Knotty Pine has gone to the dogs. The site of the long-time Grandview Heights area restaurant will become the Rude Dog Bar & Grill.

The restaurant at 1765 W. Third Ave. fell into receivership last year and then closed. It was acquired by 1765 West Third Avenue LLC in February, a group that includes developer John Royer, president of the commercial real estate services firm Kohr Royer Griffith Inc.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2013/05/21/rude-dog-taking-over-knotty-pine-space.html

groundrules
    Participant

First the Winking Lizard, now this. GVH has got to be stoked.

Was no one else alive in the 80s?

buckette13

Wondering how this will work out in that quiet residential corner. Reviews on yelp say it is nothing too special.

GCrites80s
    Participant

groundrules said:

Please let this be the actual theme of the bar.

rus
    rus
    Participant

groundrules said:

Considering how popular winking lizard appears to be ( outside of people who live near it, of course ) that’s not out of bounds, is it?

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m more than willing to aim myself in that direction if it’s good stuff.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

groundrules said:

everything old is new again

JackieC
    Participant

I was hoping this was a late April fools joke.

susank

I haven’t been to the Knotty Pine since it was the first iteration aka the Old Pine. It has a nice patio and I am sure it will do well. I wish Grandview had a cozy, inexpensive, unassuming place like Gibby’s again.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Will this be similar to the one at Polaris, sans strip mall? http://www.rudedogbarandgrill.com/

dru
    Participant

JaredThompson said:
    Will this be similar to the one at Polaris, sans strip mall? http://www.rudedogbarandgrill.com/

http://www.rudedoggrandview.com/%5B/url%5D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE