Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Knotty Pine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Knotty Pine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Knotty Pine for sale as Grandview restaurant lands in receivership

Business First by Dan Eaton, Staff reporter

Date: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 12:25pm EDT – Last Modified: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 2:01pm EDT

A Grandview Heights dining and drinking institution is in new hands. The Knotty Pine Pub & Grill at 1765 W. Third Ave. is in receivership and under the control of receivers Gryphon Asset Management and its principals Richard and Melissa Kruse, who took over operations Oct. 24.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2012/10/knotty-pine-for-sale-as-grandview.html

catnfiddle
    Participant

The location is wonderful, and the interior is awesome. The patio is a prime place to hang out and watch people walk their dogs. However, the food has always been mediocre and the turnaround in the kitchen is slow, making the service appear lacking (the waitstaff is actually quite friendly and accommodating). New management and, hopefully, a revamping of the menu, is welcome news.

bucki12

I had forgotten this place even existed. I used to go there occasionally with a friend who lived on Ashland. It definitely seems to be the definition of local watering hole, maybe some advertising would bring in some more people.

The bar on Glenn Ave, the Knotty Pine and The Donut Kitchen all seem off the beaten path.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Had a few good times here over the years, but too mature a crowd generally, elderly really.

mrpoppinzs

Snarf said:
    Had a few good times here over the years, but too mature a crowd generally, elderly really.

That was my feeling the one time I was there.

TailgateJeff
    Participant

I spent a lot of time at “The Pine” over the years. While it needed to be remodeled, I think the owners over improved it and it lost some of the “hole in the wall-neighborhood bar” feel that the old place had.

Hopefully, new management can get it turned around.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Very tough competition in the area. When they gutted and redid it about 6-8 years ago they sunk a ton of cash into it because the original was ancient and lacked basic stuff. I personally like the food well enough and the staff has always been great.

The patio was a huge step back. It used to have no awning, just umbrellas, and was a great sunny spot to have a drink and food. Now it is a dark black cave that singeton smokers sit at individual tables and nurse longnecks.

Their problem is that they used to be the only local game in town to walk to to get a drink and food and have a bar atmosphere, then they redid Grandview Cafe, then 3rd and Hollywood replaced the shuttered Gibby’s spot(that I miss), then Matt the Millers came.

We used to stroller the kids down the street, get some beers and food, enjoy the sun on the porch and get out of there for not too much cash. Now is dark sit down. I would rather go to Z Cucina for the same amount of cash. I do love the Bobcat burger and Pine salad tho.

ricospaz
    Participant

I live on Elmwood, have walked over for a drink from time to time. They don’t really have a happy hour and yes, the patio cover is a big mistake. I hope the new mgmt does a good job with it, I’d hate to see it go away.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    That was my feeling the one time I was there.

I mean they closed at like 10 or 11 right. I get that it was immediately surrounded by residential but still…like a Bob Evans with draft beer.

groundrules
    Participant

Snarf said:

this one time a cougar asked me out on a date and that’s where we went.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

groundrules said:
    this one time a cougar asked me out on a date and that’s where we went.

sounds naughty.

susank

I also have to wonder what they were thinking when they put up that huge awning.

rus
    rus
    Participant

susank said:
    I also have to wonder what they were thinking when they put up that huge awning.

Rain, maybe?

ricospaz
    Participant

rus said:
    Rain, maybe?

Not clever. Thought we are supposed to be clever on here?

rus
    rus
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Not clever. Thought we are supposed to be clever on here?

Thought it was snarky, mean and bitter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE