Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kitchen Little in the North Market

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Kitchen Little in the North Market

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author

Mung Dal

I ate there earlier this week. Those wacky guerilla poulterers are putting duck in everything.
    Duck fat fried steak fries, gumbo, duck & poblano chowder and duck fried rice?
    They are shamefully converting all of the World’s best meats into peasant food.
    Bison hash? That’s criminal.
    Somebody should stop them.

foxforcefive
    Participant

Ate the Chicken and Waffles yesterday with the duck-fat potatoes. It was to die for.

No, literally, I can feel my arteries clogged.

But seriously, it was a really good meal. The cool thing is, they are using waffles from Taste of Belgium. When we were there, they were running low, so the TOB folks threw a pack of waffles over the aisle to Dan to use. Pretty cool. My wife had the meatloaf and scalloped potatoes, and it was good as well.

dirtgirl
    Participant

Definitely hit the $5 bison burger special on Thursdays. And I don’t know what they put in their cole slaw, but it’s awesome and the perfect accompaniment (if you can steer clear of the heavier options) to the burger.

I really don’t know why I added these clowns to my Twitter.

Tweets about duckfat fries and burgers aren’t making sticking to my diet ANY easier…

somertimeoh
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    I really don’t know why I added these clowns to my Twitter.
    Tweets about duckfat fries and burgers aren’t making sticking to my diet ANY easier…

I purposely avoided that corner today when I was in there.

Dan

I promise we’re not trying to kill you.

Yes, we cook what we can in duck fat (because we can and because it’s delicious). But, it should be known that we don’t deep fry the fries in the duck fat, we only pan sear them before serving.

It also should be noted that all out meat is locally farmed and most comes in fresh (we get our chicken every other day from an hour and a half away and the bison is grass fed only from Marshallville, OH). Our veggies will be fresh and local (when available and in season). Our potatoes and maple syrup are also local. We also use Snowville cream.

Bottom line: We love to cook with butter, cream, and fat (you should too); but we use healthy and local and well raised ingredients (every opportunity we have) so even though we’re not serving health food, we are selling healthy food.
    Thanks ;-)

heh…no worries Dan, in about 30 days when I’ve hit my target weight, I will be standing in line to gorge myself on Kitchen Little on a very regular basis ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Props to Kitchen Little tonight on the Bison Sliders and Duck Fat Fries tonight at the North Market Apron Gala. I found myself going back for seconds and thirds on the sliders. I wanted to ask if I could buy a “crave case” of them to go. ;)

tourist19
    Participant

I had the Chicken and Waffles finally today. Oh my goodnight that was tasty! Thanks for telling me about it you guys :-)

KSquared

Walker wrote >>
    Props to Kitchen Little tonight on the Bison Sliders and Duck Fat Fries tonight at the North Market Apron Gala. I found myself going back for seconds and thirds on the sliders. I wanted to ask if I could buy a “crave case” of them to go. ;)

Yes! I stalked that table a number of times. Best slider ever. There was no need for any of the condiments, it was perfect.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I tried it both with and without condiments, and I can’t decide which was better. Both equally awesome. :D

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

The bison sliders last night were the best things I’ve shoved in my pie hole in a long time, and I think I ate about 4 lbs of the duck fries!

Bear
    Participant

I heard good-natured grumblings today that those sliders weren’t fair because they had foie butter.

I don’t get what’s not fair about that, though.

KSquared

Walker wrote >>
    I tried it both with and without condiments, and I can’t decide which was better. Both equally awesome. :D

Fair enough, I can’t say because I was too eager to eat it and didn’t take the time to compare :)

Got the cassoulet and mixed greens. I’ve found someplace in NM other than Lac Viet and sometimes Taste of India. And they have duck fat french fries…those are next.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.