Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

KissiCakes-n-Sweets in Dublin

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping KissiCakes-n-Sweets in Dublin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

via Press Release:

Family-based company brings decadent sweet treats to new bakery in the Mall at Tuttle Crossing

Dublin, OH: From the Buckeye Blitz to Smores Please, the decadent cupcake revolution is about to take the city of Dublin on by storm. For those who want to indulge in these little bits of decadence, KissiCakes-n-Sweets is opening their first bakery in the food court at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing on March 19, 2011.

Inspired by the Food Network show Cupcake Wars, and renown chefs Paula Deen and the Neelys, Dublin pharmacist/baker/owner Sonya Kissi decided to take her hobby to the next level. After setting her sights on purchasing a KitchenAid stand mixer, Kissi soon began her baking frenzy – creating a multitude of sweet treats for family, friends and co-workers. As she began to receive special requests for baking items for gatherings and events, Kissi soon began to outgrow her home kitchen, and thus KissiCakes-n-Sweets was created.

“People were enjoying my treats and started to expect them on a regular basis,” stated Kissi. “My husband said if people liked my treats that much, maybe I should start my own baking business. So, he created a website and the rest, as they say, is history.”

Detail is everything at KissiCakes-n-Sweets where you’ll find an array of the freshest cupcakes, cakes, cookies, pies and other sweet treats like chocolate-covered strawberries and pretzel rods, and gourmet apples. Made daily from scratch with only the finest ingredients, special care and consideration are added to every item. Kissi also offers specialty cupcakes such as The Cure and What’s Up Doc to honor those and bring awareness to health issues.

“Anyone who loves fresh baked treats will absolutely love the variety of KissiCakes-n-Sweets. If you’re craving a little something sweet, you can just buy a cupcake and not the whole cake. And, you don’t have to go to some quaint little town to satisfy your desire – we’re located right here in the heart of Dublin,” added Kissi.

KissiCakes-n-Sweets also offers free delivery within the Columbus area to orders of $100 or more with a minimum 2-day notice. Deliveries under $100 are charged a small delivery fee. The company also takes orders online.

Grand Opening: The new KissiCakes-n-Sweets bakery will host Grand Opening events that kick off on March 19 with an appearance from Ohio State University mascot, Brutus Buckeye, where he will sign autographs and pose for pictures between the hours of 10am and 12 noon. Also, between the hours of 10am to 2pm, a free mini cupcake will be given with every purchase. Kids will receive a free cookie while adults can enter to win one free dozen of cupcakes.

“I’m very excited to be able to bring my delicious baked goods and treats to Dublin. I also hope to leave my bakery business as a legacy to my three children so they can see that with a little determination and hard work, you can turn something you started out doing just for fun into a long-lasting, fruitful business opportunity,” added Kissi.

About KissiCakes-n-Sweets

KissiCakes-n-Sweets, LLC. is a family owned bakery started in 2010 by Sonya Kissi, a registered pharmacist who decided to turn her love and hobby of baking into a business opportunity. Located at the Mall of Tuttle Crossing in Dublin, Ohio, KissiCakes-n-Sweets brings homemade goodness directly to you in our made from scratch cupcakes, specialty cakes, cookies, pies, and other sweet treats like chocolate-covered strawberries and pretzel rods, and gourmet apples. Visit us at the Mall of Tuttle Crossing from M-Sat 10a-9p and Sundays 12p-6p. You can also visit us online. KissiCakes-n-Sweets – where every order is sealed with a kiss.

Lu
    Participant

We’ve been here many times and can’t get enough of their cupcakes. My favorite is the carrot cake with ginger icing. Red velvet is good too. Would definitely recommend. When we first found it, we were surprised that it’s a mom and pop store – not too many of those in Tuttle mall.

Lu
    Participant

Really happy to find out that Kissi Cupcakes has relocated to High Street. (Their Tuttle Mall store closed a few months ago.) The new spot is at High and Norwich, a block north of Lane Ave. Can’t recommend this place enough.

News
    Participant

Campus area proves sweet for cupcake shop
    By KEVIN PARKS
    Tuesday August 5, 2014 11:54 AM

The move from a mall location to a storefront near the Ohio State University campus has been sweet for a Northwest side couple’s business. Sonya and George Kissi started KissiCakes-n-Sweets in 2010, initially as a home business after Sonya Kissi, a registered pharmacist, was inspired by the Food Network competition show Cupcake Wars.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/northwest/news/2014/08/04/campus-area-proves-sweet-for-cupcake-shop.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stopped in there on a walk with the family the other night.
    And I can’t link to the picture of the bacon cupcake on the facebooks because the internet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE