Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kingsdale Shopping Center — Development News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Kingsdale Shopping Center — Development News & Updates

This topic contains 59 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Friendoffacts Friendoffacts 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

lbl
    Participant

looks like most if not all of the other Giant Eagle locations that were open until 1am are cutting back hours also. to 11pm Sun-Thurs. Midnight Fri & Sat.
    doesnt really make sense since they do still have associates working and really no-one to attend to customers up front. everyone uses the self checkout.
    I cant see how locking the doors one or two hours earlier is justified.

their website still has all the old hours posted though. so much for truth in advertising.

GCrites80s
    Participant

I feel it is a wise business decision for stores to be closed during hours they consistently lose money.

lbl
    Participant

and not everyone in the world works first shift, so shopping at 6pm is not an option.

japoling
    Participant

Greek Street Tavern is closed and there is a sign indicating that a place called “Pizza Fire” is coming soon. The renovations at Schoedinger’s Northwest Chapel are well underway. Structural steel is being erected on the new OSU Wexner Medical Center at Kingsdale building. The medical building has been erected West of where its location was indicated on the renderings, and the access road to the shopping center from Zollinger has also been moved West.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Zyro
    Participant

Since we’re talking about it, I’m an employee at the Grandview Yard Giant Eagle Market District, and there are rumors we won’t be 24 hours, either. If that’s true, it makes sense since Kingsdale did the same.

Re-opening the 5th Ave. location won’t happen. The Kingsdale Market District has already lost business to the new GY Market District.

Also, if we are talking about the Kroger/Giant Eagle battle, I will say that I hope Kroger wins. Giant Eagle is nice, but they are far, far more expensive. They have a better fuel perks program, but as someone who barely drives and drives a fuel efficient car with a small tank, it’s hardly worth it for me.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I was surprised to find two nice Krogers not far apart on West Broad, on either side of 270.

lbl
    Participant

Ive always been puzzled by the proximity of Kroger’s locations. it seems like they are trying for an over density of stores so they can lock out any competitor. some stores are only 1.5 miles from each other.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

I was surprised to find two nice Krogers not far apart on West Broad, on either side of 270.

There’s also one in that area just outside of 270 off of Georgesville Road.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I was puzzled, too, there’s the Kroger on Henderson and nearby there’s a Kroger on Bethel.

Pablo
    Participant

The University City Kroger is 1.6 miles from the Broadway & High Kroger.

lbl
    Participant

“Kroger is moving forward with plans to develop a store on the site,” spokeswoman Jennifer Jarrell said in an email. “We are currently working with the city to develop the property in a way that best serves the residents of Upper Arlington. At this time, there is no timeline to share.”

from http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/11/13/exclusive-kroger-giant-eagle-settle-kingsdale.html

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Because every community needs two big box grocery stores 100 yards away from each other. Kingsdale is such a missed opportunity.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I have no inside info, but I’m betting that Kroger will build a new Main & Vine concept at Kingsdale. Just makes sense given the location.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2015/12/21/kroger-launches-a-new-fresh-food-concept.html

GCrites80s
    Participant

mmm, so it will be like Vine St. Kroger in OTR

Friendoffacts
    Friendoffacts
    Participant

Because every community needs two big box grocery stores 100 yards away from each other. Kingsdale is such a missed opportunity.

If the market supports it, why not?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.