Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kingsdale Shopping Center — Development News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Kingsdale Shopping Center — Development News & Updates

This topic contains 59 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Friendoffacts Friendoffacts 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Jun 2, 2014, 1:43pm EDT UPDATED: Jun 3, 2014, 1:19pm EDT
    $20M OSU medical office project planned for Kingsdale Shopping Center, would create 155 jobs
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter – Columbus Business First

The Upper Arlington City Council will get its first look at a proposed $20 million, 100,000-square-foot medical office property at its meeting tonight.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2014/06/02/20m-osu-medical-office-project-planned-for.html

columbusmike
    Participant

g e n a r i c

GCrites80s
    Participant

How many square feet of medical space per capita is there in this country?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

America is growing older, fatter and sicker. We need more places for medical treatment.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Kenny & Henderson: TGI Friday’s was replaced with a Walgreens

For that matter, there’s a new funeral home at Kenny & Godown.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

columbusguy20
    columbusguy20
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GCrites80s wrote:</div>

America is growing older, fatter and sicker. We need more places for medical treatment.

Sad but true and funny at the same time.

And there’s no better place to put another medical office building than Upper Arlington; tons of older people with disposable income.

News
    Participant

Kroger Buys Macy’s Site at Kingsdale
    January 22, 2015 9:21 pm – Walker Evans

The City of Upper Arlington published an announcement tonight that the Kingsdale Macy’s (which recently announced plans to close) was purchased by The Kroger Company on January 15th. If Kroger moves forward with opening a new grocery store, it could be the most closely competing store to an existing Giant Eagle, which is located approximately 500 feet door-to-door across a shared parking lot.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/kroger-buys-macys-site-at-kingsdale

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Interesting. I would not have thought Kroger would have been in any way interested in that particular site, with two more of its stores already fairly close together and nearby on Henderson and Bethel. Maybe they will close the Henderson location and move it here? Doesn’t seem profitable for them to operate three stores in this area.

I guess they really are planning to ante up their turf wars with Giant Eagle.

wpcc88
    Participant

Interesting. I would not have thought Kroger would have been in any way interested in that particular site, with two more of its stores already fairly close together and nearby on Henderson and Bethel. Maybe they will close the Henderson location and move it here? Doesn’t seem profitable for them to operate three stores in this area.

I believe they could with the ever growing population of the area. Plus this location is actually closer to their store on Northwest than it is to Henderson.

James
    Participant

I got the impression that area was declining in population due to aging households.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

This makes no sense, the Macy’s site is too small for a grocery store unless it’s the size of the Hills Market. Kroger doesn’t usually do stores with that footprint.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

I believe they could with the ever growing population of the area. Plus this location is actually closer to their store on Northwest than it is to Henderson.

I keep forgetting about the 5xNW/Grandview Kroger, but you are right. It is closer. So maybe they would move the Henderson store to Kingsdale to try and even out their spread? That makes better sense.

I am curious to see if they’ll try and shoehorn a store into the existing two-story building, or demo it and build from scratch. One story certainly does not give them enough room for the larger format stores they have been building lately.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

You know who the losers in these turf wars are? The small local/indie stores like Rife’s Market and Huffman’s Market. :(

GCrites80s
    Participant

I’d argue that the Giant Eagle on 5th closing was why Rife’s closed. Rife’s fed off of the foot traffic. Sorta like that smaller computer store next to Micro Center or the shop that sells Taiwanese bikes next to Iron Pony. They compliment each other.

Isn’t the Henderson Kroger kind of old and small?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: