Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kids in Restaurants

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Kids in Restaurants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author

lifeliberty
    Participant

it seems, at least from his perspective, he stands to gain.

rus
    rus
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Perhaps you posted this because you heard the restauranteur interviewed this morning on Fox 28 Good Day Columbus, as I did.

He said of the comments he is receiving, they are 11 to 1 supportive of his policy.

He also said that he chose age 7 as an acceptable age to allow in his restaurant, because at that age they have been to school, where they have been forced to stay in their seat, and have learned that there are rules that they have to follow.

I don’t have a problem with his rule, it is his restaurant so he can set the rules, and he is the one to stands to lose money.

Completely agree that it’s his business and therefore he can bar entry to those he wishes.

However, at 11 – 1 approval I’m not sure he’s losing that much money.

Pablo
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Perhaps you posted this because you heard the restauranteur interviewed this morning on Fox 28 Good Day Columbus, as I did.

He said of the comments he is receiving, they are 11 to 1 supportive of his policy.

He also said that he chose age 7 as an acceptable age to allow in his restaurant, because at that age they have been to school, where they have been forced to stay in their seat, and have learned that there are rules that they have to follow.

I don’t have a problem with his rule, it is his restaurant so he can set the rules, and he is the one to stands to lose money.

I didn’t see the broadcast, I ran into the story on salon.com and remembered this thread. I don’t have a problem with the policy either, it’s his restaurant and I’m sure it’s a positive for many patrons.

Roland
    Participant

I fail to see why a restaurant owner can’t just kick out unruly patrons. If that is indeed the problem, why the passive-aggressive rule making? Both actions are within his rights to do.

Is it too hard to say, “We refuse to serve you because you are unable to control your children. Please leave.”, to someone’s face? You gotta put a sign on the door right under “No shoes, no service?” Come on.

Why is this a more acceptable action then just kicking out people who cause problems.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Roland said:

Why is this a more acceptable action then just kicking out people who cause problems.

Both seem acceptable to me.

lifeliberty
    Participant

sounds to me like he doesn’t want to make a scene in his restaurant, kicking someone out is making a scene and tends to make all around uncomfortable. with the rule he’s avoiding crying babies and having to make a scene.

cc

I guess if I choose his restaurant, I know I will not have to wonder if there will be unruly children. Senior living communities have similar rules.

Misplaced
    Participant

I think his rule makes life easier for everyone. If I don’t want to dine in a restaurant with unruly young kids then I know where to go. On the flipside, parents with kids under 7 know where not to go. Pretty simple. Except for maybe some adults who act like 5 year olds!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Now if only airlines would adopt similar policy! Sniveling shit rats.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cc said:
    I guess if I choose his restaurant, I know I will not have to wonder if there will be unruly children.

There could still be unruly children ages 7-18 and unruly adults.

Anyway, I’m in the camp that the guy can do whatever he wants with setting the rules on allowing or not allowing kids. It’s his business.

misskitty
    Participant

I have seen my kid who is ODD act a million times better then other kids I know. Thank God and I am pretty sure he knows that if he ever throw a fit in a restaurant his butt would have my hand print on it.
    I went to Rancho Alegre last week and got stuck near a table with a screaming baby. Usually I am pretty good at blocking that kind of noise for a short time but this kid had an ear wrenching scream that just keep going it did not stop till his food came out (about 5 mins). I would have removed the child if it were mine but I guess some just don’t care it’s disappointing.

I believe it’s not the kids fault as much as it’s the parents who think others should deal with them and their bullshit. Makes me sad for the kids because this won’t end well.
    Here this is a police report from yesterday it’s not the kids as much as it’s the parents idea

[quote][Victim advised that on listed place, date and time(s), suspect #1 was a guest at the Columbus Parks and Recreation Pool. The pool staff advised that the suspect was not watching her two small children (about 2 years old) and the children had to be rescued several times by life guards as they wandered into deep water and could not swim. After several incidents the pool staff requested the suspect and her family leave. The suspect became irate and struck Victim in the chest with her elbow, then poked her in the forehead with her finger while stating “I’m gonna fucking beat your ass!”. The victim was not injured. Advised to follow up with the prosecutor’s office.][/quote]
    No respect and those kids most likely won’t have any when they grow up either.

rus
    rus
    Participant

http://www.wtae.com/r/29686532/detail.html

[quote]MONROEVILLE, Pa. — In July, McDain’s Restaurant started a ban on children younger than 6. The story quickly spread from Monroeville and went viral on the Internet, being featured on CNN and Yahoo!

Four months later, owner Mike Vuick told Channel 4 Action News that he has seen a 20 percent increase in business at his eatery on Broadway Boulevard.

[/quote]

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.