Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kids in Restaurants

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Kids in Restaurants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

Manticore, I don’t think people who are stable and responsible should ever apologize for procreating.

kary m

I work in a restaurant and my favorite is when the children color all over the table and their parents think its adorable.

AmyD
    Participant

when my kids do something stupid, I always smile and sort of whisper “they’re gifted” just to be an ass. but i do think most parents believe their kids are gifted.
    for the sign in Whole Foods, where it says “mother of three children” for the AmyD sign, i wanted it to say “mother of three, [i]clearly gifted[/i] childred” but i was afraid people would think i was serious.

Bear
    Participant

time from first use of phrase “ball pit” to enzo’s reappearance on CU: 4 hours.

poetry.

welcome back ;-)

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    Manticore, I don’t think people who are stable and responsible should ever apologize for procreating.

With your new avatar I would appreciate it if you would end all your posts with “sucka.” thanks.

BCNation
    Participant

I used to be a kid in a restaurant, and I was a picky eater (and sometimes annoying), but as I grew up, I learned how to be a model restaurant patron.

ja

rave_til_dawn wrote >>
    I’m happy to report the baby has joined us for dinner at Rigsby’s, Sage, and Haiku. She’s been nice enough to sleep through almost every outing, so we’ll see how it goes as we get older.

Too cheap to hire a baby sitter?

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Speaking of entitlement…

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

manticore33 wrote >>
    And, as a snide theory, I truly believe that everybody secretly wants children. They just have not met the right person with whom they are willing to have children.

Uhm. No.

JoeMitchell wrote >> Everyone’s bio clock is different but at a certain point I think everyone wants to reproduce, apprehension of the responsibility scares some away.

Again, no. I have no interest in having a child. I’m in my *ahem* mid-30s and I’ve never had a desire to have kids, nor have I ever been afraid of the responsibility. I simply recognize that I have neither the patience nor the willingness to be flexible with my time and money (kids are EXPENSIVE!!!) to accommodate children.

Some may call it selfish (like my mom…), but I think it’s just realistic. Why bring a child into the world if I’m not willing to make changes or sacrifices for him/her. I think it’s more selfish to have one (or two, or three…) and make him/her suffer a parent’s inability to accommodate.

KSquared

ja wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>
    I’m happy to report the baby has joined us for dinner at Rigsby’s, Sage, and Haiku. She’s been nice enough to sleep through almost every outing, so we’ll see how it goes as we get older.

Too lazy to think of a clever taunt?

ja wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Yeah, we’re totally on a budget, which is why we eat at places like Rigsby’s, Sage, and Haiku.

ja

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

ja wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Yeah, we’re totally on a budget, which is why we eat at places like Rigsby’s, Sage, and Haiku.

Being cheap has nothing to do with being on a budget or eating at Rigsby’s, Sage and Haiku. I’ve encountered many people in the city who are self-indulgent and cheap.

Ok.

Pablo
    Participant

Thought this item fit here:

Noise Prompts Monroeville, PA, Restaurant To Ban Young Kids
    McDain’s Owner Says ‘Volume Can’t Be Controlled’ Under Age 6

http://www.wtae.com/news/28488145/detail.html#ixzz1RuXSp0xc

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Pablo said:
    Thought this item fit here:

Noise Prompts Monroeville, PA, Restaurant To Ban Young Kids
    McDain’s Owner Says ‘Volume Can’t Be Controlled’ Under Age 6

http://www.wtae.com/news/28488145/detail.html#ixzz1RuXSp0xc

Perhaps you posted this because you heard the restauranteur interviewed this morning on Fox 28 Good Day Columbus, as I did.

He said of the comments he is receiving, they are 11 to 1 supportive of his policy.

He also said that he chose age 7 as an acceptable age to allow in his restaurant, because at that age they have been to school, where they have been forced to stay in their seat, and have learned that there are rules that they have to follow.

I don’t have a problem with his rule, it is his restaurant so he can set the rules, and he is the one to stands to lose money.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 132 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.