Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Katalina's Cafe Corner

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Katalina’s Cafe Corner

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Code:
    Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Cafe Corner is in the process of changing its name to Katalina’s Cafe Corner as some of you may have noticed the new signage on the building. The menu is still the same; Kathleen is just in the process of changing some of the branding to reflect her own personality/style. You may recall Kathleen Day took over earlier this year. Stop in and tell her hi; she loves to hear from CU folks!

JonMyers
    Participant

That bacon, avocado, and fig sandwich is unbelievable. One of my favorite sandwichs in the city.

catnfiddle
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    That bacon, avocado, and fig sandwich is unbelievable. One of my favorite sandwichs in the city.

Agreed. When I can’t afford it, I fantasize about it.

lilbit
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>

Had this the other day. My first time eating at Cafe Corner. It was very tasty!

JonMyers
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>

Same here… Something about that combination of flavors. Now I want it. :)

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>

catnfiddle wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>

She IS open today ;-)

JonMyers
    Participant

jarsloth wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>

catnfiddle wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>

She IS open today ;-)

I started to ask.. Now I’m running out of excuses.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

Made my first ever visit this morning and the signage outside threw me off at first. Great spot for breakfast/lunch. Also like the fact that they offer Sassafras Bakery baked goods and Stauf’s coffee.

takeasiesta

Yep. I work here now. (Parted amicably with Aab cause of philosophy differences) Katalina’s Cafe Corner eventually wants to go into a full service dining experience and are in the process of getting a liquor license. Get excited to get drunk on patios!

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant

takeasiesta wrote >>
    Yep. I work here now. (Parted amicably with Aab cause of philosophy differences) Katalina’s Cafe Corner eventually wants to go into a full service dining experience and are in the process of getting a liquor license. Get excited to get drunk on patios!

Congrats on the new job! :)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

nice one! I noticed the sweet signage change over the weekend. I’ll have to walk down and check it out.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Review: Katalina’s Café Corner
    By: Morgan Kelley

Café Corner has long been a staple of the Harrison West neighborhood, but changes are afoot. Two years ago, new owner Kathleen Day took over the business and began a series of slow and intentional changes to the restaurant. The menu still focuses heavily on gourmet sandwiches, with old favorites mixed with new additions. Non-sandwich offerings have been expanded to include tacos, new breakfast options and daily specials, and the interior has received a rustic makeover that feels both familiar and worldly.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/review-katalinas-cafe-corner

News
    Participant

Review: Katalina’s Cafe Corner
    Wednesday April 11, 2012 8:31 PM
    By G.A. Benton

As I gazed up from my greasy, fat-splattered fingers into the blazing late morning light, bouncy music leaped into my ears with this carpe-diem lyric: “I’m gonna soak up the sun/Before it goes out on me.” Normally, I’d try to tune out an overplayed Sheryl Crow radio hit like that, but in that minute, the catchy ditty felt just right.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/04/12/review-katalinas-cafe-corner.html

News
    Participant

First Look: Katalina’s at Oddfellows Liquor Bar
    October 23, 2014 8:59 pm – Walker Evans

Katalina’s in Harrison West is growing onto High Street this weekend with a pop-up restaurant that launching inside the Oddfellows Liquor Bar located at 1038 North High Street.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-katalinas-at-oddfellows-liquor-bar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION