Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kasich Requires Schools to have a Religious Partner for New State Funding

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Kasich Requires Schools to have a Religious Partner for New State Funding

Viewing 91 post (of 91 total)
  • Author

DavidF
    Participant

Legally, sure…but most of the indignation has centered around the mundane and usage of public funds.

Nope. It’s a purely constitutional issue for me. I’ve got no major axe to grind with religious organizations wanting to help, or even being eligible for this specific grant. Making it mandatory that there be religious involvement creates an issue that I’m sure the governor’s office was well aware wouldn’t pass muster. It’s a waste of time and money done in order to bolster the conservative credentials of the governor.

In other words, Kasich is willing to sacrifice kids if it makes him look better to the loony right.

Viewing 91 post (of 91 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!