Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kasich parrots ridiculous 3C rail "facts"

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Kasich parrots ridiculous 3C rail “facts”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

bman wrote >>
    I am writing in Rockmastermike.

Well, to be fair I haven’t presented my ideas to fix the state budget publicly either. But, maybe I should. They might be totally wacked out, but I would be the first candidate to even suggest any.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Mister MooCow wrote >>
    From the Dispatch

Kasich stepped up his opposition at a political forum Wednesday that included local transit agencies and engineers.
    “It’s not going to happen when I become governor, OK?” Kasich said. “If you want that train, I hope you can get over that and vote for me anyway, but you’re not going to get that train.”

I wasn’t going to vote for Kasich anyway, but this issue is pushing me towards voting for Strickland –as much as I’ve found him a huge disappointment –versus casting a vote for a 3rd party candidate.

I loved Kasich ever since I read the Other Paper article asking if Ohio needed a SOB for a govoror. Hell ya we do!

Now go to Big Bear and tell that bagger who you are.

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Four words: Peak. Oil. National. Security.

Talcott

Core_Models wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    Heh. It’s really easy for him to sit back and take potshots

This is what bugs me. Its like his secret plan to both eliminate the Ohio Income Tax and balance the budget.
    Kind of like Josh’s secret plan to fight inflation on the West Wing.

I would be in favor of Josh Lyman for governor.
    Or, come to think of it, isn’t CJ from Dayton?

JimSweeney
    Participant

futureman wrote >>

Nitsud Regnifloh wrote >>
    i agree with him. the state can’t afford it.

And yet we can afford 1.7 billion for the 70/71 split?

and $200 mil for the Nelsonville by-pass.

JimSweeney
    Participant

Paul wrote >>
    He’s got my vote.
    If I could vote in Ohio.

clean and equitable public transit is more of a Vancouver thing eh?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ODOT: Kasich Has No Influence On 3C Rail Plans
    By PATRICK PRESTON
    Published: August 16, 2010

More than two months away from the election, Governor Ted Strickland and Republican challenger John Kasich are on opposite sides on the 3C rail debate, which proposes to provide passenger rail service between Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland.

ODOT spokesperson Scott Varner expects the Federal Rail Administration to sign off on the $25 million contract by the end of September.

Varner said that Kasich’s opinion does not influence ODOT’s plans. With Governor Strickland leading the calls for passenger rail service, Varner said ODOT expects to begin spending the $25 million well before Election Day.

READ MORE : http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/aug/16/5/odot-kasich-has-no-influence-3c-rail-plans-ar-195118/

I will not even try to consider Kasich’s position. Ohio can not compete in this society with out proper transportation and if we keep depending on 1 mode, or modes that are disconnected we will fall further behind. Strickland for Governor. That is all.

tree_sketcher
    Participant

Kasich still sounds like he’s hosting a show on Fox News.

bjones7
    Participant

johnwirtz wrote >>
    Sounds like chucky.
    As for who will ride the train, I took a stab at that in February:
    http://xingcolumbus.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/who-will-ride-the-train/

Maybe John Kasich is Chucky!

bjones7
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    ODOT: Kasich Has No Influence On 3C Rail Plans
    By PATRICK PRESTON
    Published: August 16, 2010
    More than two months away from the election, Governor Ted Strickland and Republican challenger John Kasich are on opposite sides on the 3C rail debate, which proposes to provide passenger rail service between Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland.
    ODOT spokesperson Scott Varner expects the Federal Rail Administration to sign off on the $25 million contract by the end of September.
    Varner said that Kasich’s opinion does not influence ODOT’s plans. With Governor Strickland leading the calls for passenger rail service, Varner said ODOT expects to begin spending the $25 million well before Election Day.
    READ MORE : http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/aug/16/5/odot-kasich-has-no-influence-3c-rail-plans-ar-195118/

This could be a bad thing actually! Why do I feel like Kasich will use this to slam the Governor some more, even though he has no control on what ODOT does right now?

tree_sketcher
    Participant

Quite frankly, the more Kasich sounds like Glenn Beck, the more he alienates himself from the middle. I dont care what the topic is, he just doesnt come across like a confident and reasonable leader when he makes loud mouth statements like “thats one of the dumbest ideas ive ever heard”.

JMan
    Participant

No way I’m voting for Kasich now.

berdawn

Talcott wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    Heh. It’s really easy for him to sit back and take potshots

This is what bugs me. Its like his secret plan to both eliminate the Ohio Income Tax and balance the budget.
    Kind of like Josh’s secret plan to fight inflation on the West Wing.

I would be in favor of Josh Lyman for governor.
    Or, come to think of it, isn’t CJ from Dayton?

“flamingo” would definitely get my vote.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 229 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: