Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2016 Presidential Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2016 Presidential Race

This topic contains 307 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Who wants to follow 8 years of supposed “change” into “oh yeah, remember the 90s?”

And from there it’s just a slippery slope to America’s preordained future…

gramarye
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>NEOBuckeye wrote:</div>
    IMHO, the table’s being set for Bush v. Clinton. Kasich will almost certainly be Jeb’s VP pick.

Why are we okay with this country becoming a (now blatant) oligarchy?<br>
    I think the idea of a Bush v Clinton ticket is more gross to a large portion of the public than either party is willing to admit. It would be the first time that I literally refuse to vote.<br>
    Who wants to follow 8 years of supposed “change” into “oh yeah, remember the 90s?”

You speak in jest, but compared with the 2000s, the ’90s were a pretty good time for the country. Low unemployment, low inflation, strong market growth. Sex scandals aside, Bill Clinton was a pretty good president, especially after 1994 in dealing with a Republican Congress. And honestly, while I get that he was kind of vanilla, I think Bush Sr. did fine at the job, too.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Bumping this photo because it never fails to make me laugh.

I’LL GET YOU MY PRETTY!!! AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO!!

Graybeak
    Participant

wasn’t that when someone attempted to assault her by throwing a projectile at her on the stage?
    A soccer cleat I believe.

Hilarious.

Or would it be Hillarious?

rus
    rus
    Participant

wasn’t that when someone attempted to assault her by throwing a projectile at her on the stage?<br>
    A soccer cleat I believe.

Hilarious.

Or would it be Hillarious?

Yep.

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/kasich-for-president-in-2016/page/3/#post-1007662

I’d have quoted it, but CU mangled the image link badly when I did.

News
    Participant

With Eye On ’16, Portman & Brown Stake Out Positions To Fight Terrorists
    By Jim Heath
    Wednesday September 10, 2014 3:44 PM

WASHINGTON – With both of Ohio’s US senators being mentioned for a national ticket in 2016, Rob Portman and Sherrod Brown are staking out strong positions against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. “The world knows that ISIL is persecuting tens of thousands of people including Christians, Yazidis, and Muslims, based on their religion,” said Brown. “If the U.S. has the ability to provide targeted assistance that prevents genocide of religious minorities, we should help.”

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/09/10/washington-with-eye-on-16-portman–brown-stake-out-positions-to-fight-terrorists.html

Graybeak
    Participant

Dispatch blog posting about “Kasich among “special guests” at GOP fundraiser featuring presidential hopefuls tonight in New York City”
    First line of the second paragraph is…
    “Ohio’s favorite son is listed on a Republican National Committee fundraising invite”

Ohio’s favorite son was born outside Pittsburgh?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Playing the political party game really does my head in. I’d really like to see a candidate really inspire me instead of the typical lawyers and lobbyists that we get to choose from. Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate that really got me thinking things could actually change. The talking heads were quick to dissolve his momentum.

wpcc88
    Participant

Playing the political party game really does my head in. I’d really like to see a candidate really inspire me instead of the typical lawyers and lobbyists that we get to choose from. Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate that really got me thinking things could actually change. The talking heads were quick to dissolve his momentum.

Amen to Ron Paul, his ideas were actually realistic and going to make a difference that’s why he was shooed away so quickly. His slogan should’ve been ‘Paul Doesn’t Play Ball’ probably would’ve won by a landslide with that.

News
    Participant

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

No. Chance. Whatsoever.

News
    Participant

Portman Hints He May Not ‘Back Away’ From Presidential Bid
    By Jim Heath
    Friday October 17, 2014 2:04 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Sen. Rob Portman inched closer to making it official that he’ll test the presidential waters next year, telling 10TV that leaders cannot “back away” from a bid for the White House with too many key issues at stake.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/10/17/columbus-ohio-portman-hints-he-may-not-back-away-from-presidential-bid.html

Graybeak
    Participant

Graybeak
    Participant

News
    Participant

Rob Portman Is Not Running for President
    December 2, 2014 4:55 pm – Jesse Bethea

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio has officially dropped out of the 2016 presidential campaign after never officially dropping into it in the first place. The Republican senator from Cincinnati announced Tuesday that he has decided against running for the GOP nomination in 2016.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/rob-portman-is-not-running-for-president-jb1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO