Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2016 Presidential Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2016 Presidential Race

This topic contains 307 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

As to inane rambling on a blog…

It’s actually Plato, Book 9 of The Republic. You know, one of the “great works of Western Civilization.”

The ancient Romans didn’t pay attention to it either.

pedex
    Participant

Are you claiming that there were 3 million cases of voter fraud in the primaries? I get that you’re discontent with things as they are. The pace of change is slow. Things are changing for the better under Obama, and there is absolutely no reason to believe things wouldn’t keep improving under Clinton.

There have been numerous election anomalies in this primary election process in a few states. Then again straightening out our elections process has never been a priority when we have willingly and with premeditation made that situation worse.

what improvement? economically there has been very little positive change

wars are continuing and we have even more now under Obama

and I can keep going on and on with that list

this still doesn’t change the fact that our govt has numerous broken and dysfunctional agencies and isn’t working as intended or designed

rus
    rus
    Participant

There have been numerous election anomalies in this primary election process in a few states. Then again straightening out our elections process has never been a priority when we have willingly and with premeditation made that situation worse.

what improvement? economically there has been very little positive change

wars are continuing and we have even more now under Obama

and I can keep going on and on with that list

this still doesn’t change the fact that our govt has numerous broken and dysfunctional agencies and isn’t working as intended or designed

Well said.

Speaking of dysfunctional agencies, the reforms at the VA are worth noting. Looks like they’ve only made things worse.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rus wrote:</div>
    As to inane rambling on a blog…

It’s actually Plato, Book 9 of The Republic. You know, one of the “great works of Western Civilization.”

The ancient Romans didn’t pay attention to it either.

All the more reason to vote Trump. If you are scared of him he must be good, since I’ve yet to see you and I agree on much of anything.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

All the more reason to vote Trump. If you are scared of him he must be good, since I’ve yet to see you and I agree on much of anything.

True, at most one of us is right on any given issue.

I’m surprised you’re not willing to listen to Plato, however. You know he was both white and male, right?

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rus wrote:</div>

True, at most one of us is right on any given issue.

I’m surprised you’re not willing to listen to Plato, however. You know he was both white and male, right?

He can’t be. You quoted him. Greek must not count as white for you. ;-)

Also, inferences of racism are out of fashion now. Since the Democrats put up an old white woman and an old white man, now anyone who disagrees with them isn’t racist but misogynist or ageist.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

He can’t be. You quoted him. Greek must not count as white for you. ;-)

Greece IS awfully close to Africa. But if you let go of Greece you’re losing a whole lot of the claim to fame of Western Civ… just saying. :D

Also, inferences of racism are out of fashion now. Since the Democrats put up an old white woman and an old white man, now anyone who disagrees with them isn’t racist but misogynist or ageist.

I’m sure some people can hit the trifecta.

rus
    rus
    Participant

I’m sure some people can hit the trifecta.

Like this guy?

Identity politics are fun to watch, aren’t they?

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: