Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2016 Presidential Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2016 Presidential Race

This topic contains 307 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    Then pick a different thread. ;)

I don’t think you’re getting the grumpycat avatar ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Snarf said:

Hilary (vomits in mouth),

While I’m not a huge Hilary fan, and wasn’t a supporter at all in 2008, I am a lot less opposed now. I did find this really interesting though:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/09/Gingrich-Says-Hillary-Unbeatable-In-2016-By-Current-GOP

(btw, I even linked Breitbart just to dismiss any skeptics)

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    While I’m not a huge Hilary fan, and wasn’t a supporter at all in 2008, I am a lot less opposed now. I did find this really interesting though:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/09/Gingrich-Says-Hillary-Unbeatable-In-2016-By-Current-GOP

(btw, I even linked Breitbart just to dismiss any skeptics)

SMH… It seems very unfortunate that we keep recycling the same political dynasties (Bush, Clinton, Bush) when clearly there is a growing need for a different frame of ideas and a new mold of leadership in the US and the world as a whole.

Nevertheless, the press is already salivating like a pack of underfed dogs for a Clinton-Bush showdown in 2016. Hillary and Jeb, that is.

One thing that people should also be paying attention to…

Clinton will be 69 in 2016, but people will say, so was Reagan in 1980.

Jeb will be 63 in 2016. I’m guessing he’d pick Kasich as his VP, who is right there with him in age. Rubio would be too obvious, and they’re both based out of the same state.

But anyway, it’s as if the world hasn’t already had enough Boomer faux leadership masquerading as something other than the ridiculous culture warrior battles that have pretty much run their course… and the US into the ground.

Time for Gen-X and the Millennials to step up to the plate and lead. This is going to be our f-ed up world after all. We might as well get a head start on trying to fix it.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’m telling you, remember the name Mia Love for the R ticket in 2016.

Graybeak
    Participant

I can just imagine the slogans and commercials coming out of the Love for President campaign.

But would the Republicans really run someone who lost their last high profile contest.

Oh. Never mind.

News
    Participant

Hillary Clinton on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘I’ll Make That Decision Sometime Next Year’
    Dec. 18, 2013
    By LAUREN EFFRON

Hillary Clinton is Barbara Walters’ Most Fascinating Person of 2013. Although speculation and rumors have been swirling for months over whether Clinton will make another run for the White House in 2016, she said she hasn’t decided yet. “I haven’t made up my mind,” Clinton told Walters in the ABC News special “Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013.”

READ MORE: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-2016-presidential-run-make-decision-year/story?id=21267459

News
    Participant

Here’s How Potential Presidential Candidates Are Gearing Up For 2016
    By CALVIN WOODWARD 12/29/13 04:41 PM ET EST AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Clinton as couch potato didn’t last long. Was anyone surprised? While she was getting back in the game, others who might run for president were in motion, too.

READ MORE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/29/presidential-candidates-2016_n_4516528.html

myliftkk
    Participant

I think Christie may have just blown a serious elephant-sized hole in his Presidential dreams…

http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie_kelly_bridge_lane_closures_emails.html

Private messages between Governor’s Christie’s deputy chief of staff and two of his top executives at the Port Authority reveal a vindictive effort to create “traffic problems in Fort Lee” by shutting lanes to the George Washington Bridge and apparent pleasure at the resulting gridlock

The explosive documents, supplied by Wildstein in response to a subpoena issued by a panel of state lawmakers, don’t spell out the precise reason for the apparent retribution. But they lay bare a disdain for the mayor and an apparent indifference to the hardships suffered by North Jersey residents who sat in four-hour backups. Wildstein has been called to testify about the documents under oath before the panel tomorrow.

In one exchange of text messages on the second day of the lane closures, Wildstein alludes to messages the Fort Lee mayor had left complaining that school buses were having trouble getting through the traffic.

“Is it wrong that I’m smiling,” the recipient of the text message responded to Wildstein. The person’s identity is not clear because the documents are partially redacted for unknown reasons.

“No,” Wildstein wrote in response.

“I feel badly about the kids,” the person replied to Wildstein. “I guess.”

“They are the children of Buono voters,” Wildstein wrote, making a reference to Barbara Buono, the Democratic candidate for governor, who lost to Christie in a landslide in November.

“Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee” is my quote of the day.

pez
    Participant

myliftkk said:
    I think Christie may have just blown a serious elephant-sized hole in his Presidential dreams…

It’s a pretty crummy thing, but they haven’t tied it back to him personally yet. He’ll fire a couple staffers, so unless they can tie him directly to it either via knowledge or approval, nobody will care in a couple weeks. Regardless, I don’t think the votes that matter (OH, FL, VA) care that much about a ‘local’ problem in NY and NJ and would consider it typical of Northeast dirty politics.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

the bully argument did not seem to hurt Kaisch too much in the last election.

claims that Roberts Gates book will hurt Hillary seem a bit of a stretch also, the Clintons are political animals who triangulate…shocking

lakeerietransplant
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    I can just imagine the slogans and commercials coming out of the Love for President campaign.

But would the Republicans really run someone who lost their last high profile contest.

Oh. Never mind.

She ran a tough race against Jim Matheson, a popular conservative Democrat, and only lost by 0.31%.

No matter. When 2016 comes, she would be finishing her first term in Congress. Not enough experience.

News
    Participant

President Boehner? Not If That Rules Out Wine And Cigarettes
    by MARK MEMMOTT
    January 24, 2014 9:15 AM

House Speaker John Boehner used his first-ever appearance on NBC-TV’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to talk politics and, as President Obama and others have also done on late-night TV, have some fun at his own expense.

Asked Thursday if he has any presidential ambitions, the Ohio Republican joked that:

— “Listen, I like to play golf. I like to cut my own grass. You know, I do drink red wine. I smoke cigarettes. And I’m not giving that up to be president of the United States.”

READ MORE: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/01/24/265642180/president-boehner-not-if-that-rules-out-wine-and-cigarettes

News
    Participant

Joe Biden sees ‘no obvious reason’ not to run for president in 2016
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2014, 7:50 AM

Vice President Joe Biden says he will decide about making a bid for the White House by next year. He says his decision to make a third White House bid will be based on whether he thinks he’s the best qualified person to focus — quote — “on the two things I’ve spent my whole life on.”

READ MORE: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/biden-sees-obvious-reason-run-president-2016-article-1.1605591

News
    Participant

New Poll Shows Ohio Voters Pick Clinton Over Kasich For President
    February 20, 2014
    by The Associated Press

Ohio Gov. John Kasich is among prospective Republican challengers lagging Democrat Hillary Clinton in an independent poll of prospective 2016 presidential match ups. A Quinnipiac University survey released Thursday finds Ohio voters favor Clinton over Kasich 51 percent to 39 percent. Nearly half say Kasich wouldn’t make a good president, compared with 55 percent who believe Clinton would.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/02/20/new-poll-shows-ohio-voters-pick-clinton-over-kasich-for-president/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: