Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2016 Presidential Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2016 Presidential Race

This topic contains 307 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by rus rus 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    pfloger
    pfloger
    Participant

you know things are getting weird when Bebe and Dick Cheney think you’re too extreme.

Wait, Dick Cheney’s still alive?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

For years I have wanted to parody David Bowie’s Young Americans as Young Republican because that rolls off the tongue. Young Republican, young Republican, she wants the young Republican.

But the song is rambling and long and even if I did manage to parody the whole thing few people would understand it. I’ll post a section of the original:

Do you remember, your President Nixon?
    Do you remember, the bills you have to pay?
    Or even yesterday?
    Have been the un-American?
    Just you and your idol sing falsetto
    ’bout Leather, leather everywhere, and
    Not a myth left from the ghetto
    Well, well, well, would you carry a razor
    In case, just in case of depression?
    Sit on your hands on a bus of survivors
    Blushing at all the afro-Sheeners
    Ain’t that close to love?
    Well, ain’t that poster love?
    Well, it ain’t that Barbie doll
    Her hearts have been broken just like you

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Trump said yesterday that his “Muslim Ban” was just a suggestion. Sounds like he’s starting to walk-back some of his rhetoric now that he has the primary sown-up.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

I have to admit, I’m curious what the conservatives on the board think of Trump sealing up the nomination. I feel they’ve been uncharacteristically silent since the news broke.

I’m still not ruling out a party revolt at the Convention. Maybe Cruze or Kasich know something and they’re keeping their powder dry and their campaign money in the bank.

Can the party revolt if he has the majority of delegates going in? Aren’t they required to vote for him on the first ballot? Could they break that rule if they wanted to?

never underestimate the power of hatred towards the Clintons, 2nd only to the paranoid hatred of Obama, to unify the Party of Hatred. GOP: got old people / gonna oppose progress

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

To be willfully ignorant is to support Hillary.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

+1.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

you gotta work on your logic snarf….to support Hillary in the general might be the lesser of 2 evils and it is the only sane choice.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Truth.

pedex
    Participant

you gotta work on your logic snarf….to support Hillary in the general might be the lesser of 2 evils and it is the only sane choice.

neither Trump or Clinton have anything to do with sanity

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Oh they’re both sane, they’re just crafty. I consider Hillary to be more qualified because of her experience as a Senator, First Lady and Secretary of State.

How about the soon-to-be available Longaberger basket building in Newark as national headquarters for the Republican party, soon-to-be a basket case with Trump at the top of the ticket?

pedex
    Participant

Oh they’re both sane, they’re just crafty. I consider Hillary to be more qualified because of her experience as a Senator, First Lady and Secretary of State.

her track record is one of disaster

She isn’t sane, she’s a sociopath that knowingly supports a multitude of polices that are destroying this nation and is willing to lie about it in serial fashion to maintain her power and enrich her pocketbook while selling out the people of this country in the process.

this absolutely the worst kind of person you want in government period

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Donald Trump is a calamity in waiting.

His lack of policy awareness–nevermind experience, which could be compensated for with thoughtful demonstration of critical thinking skills or reasonable decisionmaking ability–is bad enough. It’s his forthright demonstration of a willingness to target women and children in the war on terror, ban Muslims from entering the U.S., demonize Mexicans, and subjugate women, all in defiance of decorum and/or law, that makes him an immediate threat to our nation.

Secretary Clinton has flaws. Many. Her flaws are, at least, conventional, as were the flaws of many (but not all) of the GOP nominees that Donald Trump outmaneuvered during the campaign.

traviscols
    Participant

ANYONE but Trump.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Trump and Putin are already at it. This is a mural in Vilnius.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO