Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2016 Presidential Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2016 Presidential Race

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Trump is literally only two or three steps away from Mr. Garrison at this point.

joev
    Participant

But, so many people are fed up with Obama’s fiddling and misplaced priorities that he might not lose all that many supporters. (Hell, he might even gain some.)

“Unfortunately I think Donald Trump’s over reaction is as dangerous as Obama’s under reaction,” – Carly Fiorina

What the actual fuck are you and Carly Fiorina talking about? By “fiddling and misplaced priorities,” I assume you mean gun control and religious tolerance.

McFly
    Participant

What the actual fuck are you and Carly Fiorina talking about? By “fiddling and misplaced priorities,” I assume you mean gun control and religious tolerance.

The actual fuck = placing more importance on fighting the climate change boogeyman than terrorism, continuing to piddle around with ISIS, spouting more worthless platitudes without any real strategy, and generally leading from the back as he has done for much of the last seven years.

joev
    Participant

OK, dude. You keep living in your pretend world and see how that goes for you.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>joev wrote:</div>

The actual fuck = placing more importance on fighting the climate change boogeyman than terrorism, continuing to piddle around with ISIS, spouting more worthless platitudes without any real strategy, and generally leading from the back as he has done for much of the last seven years.

Didn’t you hear? The head of ISIS is Climate Bin Changin.

News
    Participant

Trump ‘postpones’ Israel trip after Netanyahu criticism
    By Tom LoBianco, CNN
    Updated 10:39 AM ET, Thu December 10, 2015

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that he is postponing his trip to Israel, just a day after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned his proposal to ban U.S. travel for all Muslims.

READ MORE: http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/politics/donald-trump-postpones-israel-trip/index.html

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

you know things are getting weird when Bebe and Dick Cheney think you’re too extreme.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

The fix is in. Sanders campaign reports a security glitch in the DNC voter database, and the DNC locks out Sanders from his own voter data. Coincidentally, the CEO of the company who operates the database is an open Clinton supporter and their CTO actually worked on Clinton’s 2008 campaign.

Bernie Sanders Campaign Locked Out Of Key Voter File After Data Breach

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Cruz and Kasich are both out on the republican side. Looks like Trump is their man.

traviscols
    Participant

Just when it looked like the Republican party couldn’t get any worse…
    Trump is officially their nominee.
    What a disaster.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I’m still not ruling out a party revolt at the Convention. Maybe Cruze or Kasich know something and they’re keeping their powder dry and their campaign money in the bank.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Cruz and Kasich are both out on the republican side. Looks like Trump is their man.

Looks like I’ll be doorknocking for the Democrats this year…

scarletandgrey
    Participant

Well, this may be the first time the Dispatch endorses a Democrat for President.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I have to admit, I’m curious what the conservatives on the board think of Trump sealing up the nomination. I feel they’ve been uncharacteristically silent since the news broke.

I’m still not ruling out a party revolt at the Convention. Maybe Cruze or Kasich know something and they’re keeping their powder dry and their campaign money in the bank.

Can the party revolt if he has the majority of delegates going in? Aren’t they required to vote for him on the first ballot? Could they break that rule if they wanted to?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: